Little girls, little girls.

vtfireman85

Today at work I found myself cornered by 2 little blue eyed 10 (ish) year old girls asking me if i didn’t want to buy some cookies… as it turns out, I did!  
They were out of Samoas and Thin Mints (i wont touch thin mints, but my wife loves them). So I bought 6 boxes of assorted other ones. 
My “dealer”, my best friend friend high school’s  step daughter, went and grew up, but Will used to make the trip to come bring her to hit me up because I always bought 50 bucks each worth of Thin Mints and Samoas, when she aged out of the girl scouts I was devastated. 
Been needing to find a new dealer, and these 2 promised to come see me next year and bring plenty of the good stuff! 

E04C34E7-01E2-4339-AB35-70AE25149815.jpeg

• Like 9

I got hit up outside Walmart yesterday....after all of the Boy Scout popcorn my son sold and Girl Scout cookies my daughter sold...and wife and I both being adult leaders and in charge of the whole effort.....

I always buy some.....they work hard and it's for a good cause.....

....and.....I'm a fat dude who likes cookies!!!!

• Haha 4

Strongest marketing ever conceived. In the decades since, no one has pinned down a perspective customer better than a cute little girl in her uniform doing her best to be responsible and industrious. What evil soul can say no without at least wrestling with themselves internally and lying awake at night in guilt?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Strongest marketing ever conceived. In the decades since, no one has pinned down a perspective customer better than a cute little girl in her uniform doing her best to be responsible and industrious. What evil soul can say no without at least wrestling with themselves internally and lying awake at night in guilt?

And they take plastic now

26 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

And they take plastic now

Funny, that used to be my issue. I'd stand there like a terrible rotten human being because I had no cash in my pocket and had to say no... Now I have to hide in my house for fear of guilt.

Samoas used to be called caramel delights, my wife's name is Savannah, so I always bought a box of Savannah Smiles , but nobody really liked them. 
i had never seen the brownie ones before “Adventurefuls”

When my daughter was in girl scouts I was a coleader. Each year the local council decided which cookies to sell. There are more choices than you can reasonably sell so they make choices. There are two cookie bakeries. One makes samosas and the other makes Carmel delights.

Different councils sell cookies at different times of the year.

The only problem with girl scout cookies is the local troop got a small percentage in my opinion. But they sold very well and we always made enough money.

The worst experience was when a girl delivered the cookies, collected the money (alot) and her mom kept it... 

https://www.girlscouts.org/en/cookies/cookie-flavors.html

From the Internet 

9694CB91-3577-4AF7-A12A-D5D0B4BFA962.thumb.webp.1804e50b7fb6127df3e3853c17898355.webp

but I have seen the same here, and good luck getting out of Krogers with out seeing them

• Haha 1