Jump to content

Picture of your favorite tractor.


twood1954

Recommended Posts

I hate to post this for several reasons.  Hopefully, somebody from CNH will read my post and take it to heart.  We didn't even consider a CNH-branded machine when we went shopping for a new tractor due to the inferior product.  We shopped Deere and MF and settled on the Deere.

This 4052R is probably the nicest tractor that I have ever driven.  It exceeds my expectations every time I use it.

 

4052R Right profile.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will concur on the Deere vs CNH smaller tractors. Bought a new 2015 AWD 105C with 735 loader to replace a very reliable 4210 2WD w/ 2255 loader. What an abysmal pile of garbage. The Italians should stick to clothing, wine, and pasta because this thing is junk and sure doesn't deserve the Farmall name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MCC said:

How is the steering with the tracks on there?

Not bad, on dry flat those idlers aren’t really touching the ground, brakes help a lot in the snow, but then they help a lot without the tracks too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

I hate to post this for several reasons.  Hopefully, somebody from CNH will read my post and take it to heart.  We didn't even consider a CNH-branded machine when we went shopping for a new tractor due to the inferior product.  We shopped Deere and MF and settled on the Deere.

This 4052R is probably the nicest tractor that I have ever driven.  It exceeds my expectations every time I use it.

 

4052R Right profile.jpg

i like all tractors, no shame in having what you have - i have a multicolored arsenal that serves me well whethers its work or nostalgia

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are several photos I could choose but I will do my favorite photos of my top three favorite IH’s.
 

The first is my 1948 Farmall Cub and McCormick #10 spreader. 
E1A9FA89-630D-452D-8AA8-4D7000A58FCF.thumb.jpeg.48805039402dd2955a8a4e3783ce28af.jpeg

Next is the 1206 Wheatland that my great grandpa bought brand new in July 1967. 

4665E4A5-E9FB-4743-88A3-7DD10AB7E1E6.thumb.jpeg.77540f04282dd1918841554d52994574.jpeg

The 1206 was traded in December 1974 for a new 4166. Unfortunately I have never found a picture of great grandpas 41. It had a white cab and the same tires shown here. No front weights and a bareback with hydraulic drawbar. There was also an air cleaner extension pipe. Notice the one here is black while production models were always red (I think). This is an early one from 1971. 

image.jpeg.94587055a310570399b8f6d3370535f6.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorite tractor, though it’s not IH…it was my Poppy’s, a ‘57 Ford 640. I can’t bring myself to restore it...too much of him in it. 2487F907-796C-45FF-BDF2-9F9541C14D8D.jpeg.3d6912b232b900ce3247584229706702.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Favourite ride around tractor would have to be '51 Super C, bought brand new by great grandpa, restored about 10 years ago now. 

Favourite workhorse is uncle's '66 Farmall 806, moves a lot of bales and silage every year. 

 

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_6901.jpg

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just bought the 1256 last fall and I've only got 20 hrs on it or so pulling a 21' digger. I am very impressed how well it refuses to pull down off of 2400 rpm's even going up pretty steep hills. My dad calls the 5488 "your tractor" even though he owns it and that is probably my favorite. Just a cool running powerful efficient piece of equipment and grandfather to the Magnum. I'll throw my father in laws Super88  in for some color and because it's my favorite of that vintage. I've pulled it a few times just a cool tractor 

CE39E19F-01AF-4DDD-B44D-234116508889.jpeg

6E7F7F94-48CE-439D-82EA-B7FB30619A1C.jpeg

D2E4A32D-4D51-43D1-B9F0-BEB6A0CED686.jpeg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

I'll throw my father in laws Super88  in for some color and because it's my favorite of that vintage. I've pulled it a few times just a cool tractor 

 

D2E4A32D-4D51-43D1-B9F0-BEB6A0CED686.jpeg

Is there a reason why the weights on the back wheels are dished outward instead of inward against the wheel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, John Rowehl said:

Is there a reason why the weights on the back wheels are dished outward instead of inward against the wheel?

That's how they've been since I've been around. I know my brother in law used to pull it quite a bit and it might e been easier to take off and put them on that way. I'm sure being an Oliver guy he knows what way they go

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Drysleeves said:

I will concur on the Deere vs CNH smaller tractors. Bought a new 2015 AWD 105C with 735 loader to replace a very reliable 4210 2WD w/ 2255 loader. What an abysmal pile of garbage. The Italians should stick to clothing, wine, and pasta because this thing is junk and sure doesn't deserve the Farmall name.

How is that Ferrari   going ???!!!!!!

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...