Brake clevis farmall 656 style tractors

Wisconsin Ron

Can that clevis be made new cheaper than what CNH is asking nowadays? We run six of that style tractor on farm and our stock of brake clevises are getting a little low. Is any aftermarket jobbers putting them out? Maybe welding them like fellas in video hold up also. Personally never tried but might have to start. Share your knowledge and opinions. Thanks

My opinion is this. Those guys are going to be doing it again. The shims are the adjustment. The nuts are just to even the pedals. With the nuts run all the way in like that. The rod will break.

The rod can be welded. Grind both pieces to point. Clamp with a small gap between. That gives you a solid weld. You can do it in the threaded portion too. Just grind it kinda close then run a die right over the weld.

I've had those break before also welding them can get you by but it will break again eventually I've gotten replacements at Abilene machine they have hundreds of those rod clevis's , Being 6 miles away that's my go too place for original parts , Those clevis's were used on many model's also The correct way is to adjust using the shims installed on the brake cover but as the lining's wear alot of times you can make small adjustments with the ball nut the brake pedal arm is very tight up against the brake opening to begin with and it still requires you to run the ball nut almost to the end of the threads anyway I lube them ball nuts occasionally too with spray lube too

What are dimensions of the yoke end link?

Have you tried Graingers.com , McMaster.com, or Huyett.com ?

I'd probably "Bite the bullet" and spend the $130 for safetys sake if you can't find suitable replacement;  in the future troubles sometimes come in threes...especially when NI picker mounted on the 686 pulling loaded gravity box down one of your hills.