Dim your freakin lights

MTO

But it appears these oncoming drivers are dimmed. 

These new lights are GREAT for the drivers of said vehicles. 

These Ford pickups are the worst imo. 

But as Manfred Mann sang many decades ago...

I am being "Blinded by the light"

https://slate.com/business/2022/03/headlights-are-too-bright-what-regulators-are-doing-to-fix-it.html

• Like 3

The biggest issue is so many are not adjusted properly.

They may have been right at the factory which does not account for loading the vehicles & I doubt dealers check them anymore.

Adjusting the headlights was part of dealer prep back in the 70's.

• Like 2

I hate them. And I have one. When I ordered my 2020 ford I asked if I could get halogen instead of the led. Salesman gave a very quick no. Then asked why would I want that?  Cause they’re too bright!  
When I used to haul corn I had an old 72 Kenworth that was great. High beams were bright and low beams were dim. Very drastically different between high and low. Best part was dimmer on the floor. I miss that truck. 

• Like 2

I don't like meeting them, but I love driving behind them. The worst thing in my car is the auto position, they either dim for a car on the horizon, don't dim for a car right in front of me and this hill I crest every morning going to work the sensor "sees" a streetlight and dims. It can't make up its mind. I turn the switch to the manual position and try to not blind anyone but even the low beam is extremely bright for oncoming drivers. I guess eventually everyone will have them.

I run the fog lights on my 2004 Chevy dually and never use the high beams. They are nice and wide and not too high . High beams are not as good as the fog lights. Never been flashed yet 

• Like 2

Another thing is lights so bright that you can't see a turn signal when someone is approaching an intersection. At least some vehicles are wired so the corresponding light goes off when that turn signal is on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomH said:

I don't like meeting them, but I love driving behind them. The worst thing in my car is the auto position, they either dim for a car on the horizon, don't dim for a car right in front of me and this hill I crest every morning going to work the sensor "sees" a streetlight and dims. It can't make up its mind. I turn the switch to the manual position and try to not blind anyone but even the low beam is extremely bright for oncoming drivers. I guess eventually everyone will have them.

Kinda like "light drafting" when you follow them.

• Like 1

Here's another one. What about the guy who has to put a 48" led light bar on his front bumper and drive down the road with it on.

• Like 2

Them bright lights really brother me when I'm in the wife car not as bad when I'm in one of pickup's.  So I drive the pickup at night if I have to go out.    I remember when I drove OTR in semi hearing about when someone would follow driver with brights on they would pour coke out the window.

Dad was complaining about this very subject on the way home the other night. I don’t find them that annoying. I kind of wonder if it doesn’t depend on your eyes somewhat. There is the odd one with lights that will blind you from a mile away but usually that’s the guy with the aftermarket led light in the halogen housing that wasn’t designed for it. Add the fact that he probably never took the time to aim it and it’s a bad recipe.  Dads new truck has excellent lights. Bright or dim you can see great. It has auto dimming lights so I don’t get flashed to often with it. My 2007 duramax has horrible lights. If they’re not on bright you can hardly see even with the fog lights on.  Bright is alright but dim is pretty pathetic. If you’re driving and the roads are wet and sloppy you might as well hold a flashlight out the window as you’ll likely see more lol.  Lenses are faded a bit but not horrible. Gets that salt film on them though and really blocks the light.