IH running gear info

JaredT

I am wanting to buy an International running gear for under a flat rack. I think it would looks great restored and painted behind one of our letter series for a hay ride and whatnot. I would like a heavy duty hopefully 10 ton or more so we can also use the wagon to haul things, but I can't find much on specs for these wagons. I believe the 335 was a tandem? I have been looking for sales brochures to tell me also, but no luck. If any knows the weight rating of the models listed above, I would greatly appreciate the info. 

I have two 330' s they are 8 ton and a 315 6 ton under a bale wagon. I had a 335 10 ton under a 300 bu hopper wagon. It was decaled as an ih 335 but had a new idea serial number tag. I believe that these later gears were made by Electric Manufacturing of Illinois.

2 hours ago, dougf said:

I have two 330' s they are 8 ton and a 315 6 ton under a bale wagon. I had a 335 10 ton under a 300 bu hopper wagon. It was decaled as an ih 335 but had a new idea serial number tag. I believe that these later gears were made by Electric Manufacturing of Illinois.

Yep, ELECTRIC WHEEL CORP., QUINCY, ILL.  EWC also made running gears and galvanized steel flare box wagon boxes and wood barge boxes and supplied them to other ag equipment companies, Dad bought an Oliver/EWC 150 bushel flare box and an 8 ton gear about 1966. Was a little much for the '39 H to both pull and lift the wagon to empty. We put two feet of sideboards on the wagon box for picking corn, no "Bang Boards", the extensions that flared out at 45 degree angle because the EWC box was wide enough without them. The 8 ton EWC running gear had pretty large wheel spindles and then reinforced them with square tubing welded into the axles, front & rear both. Our gear only had 6 bolt wheels but it handled 10,000# loads of shell corn easily, and full loads of ear corn even heaped up above the tops of the 2 ft side boards.

• Like 1

We had an assortment of IH running gears over the years. The one 335 we had was under a 110 forage box many 330s under the same. 
Also had an earlier one that arrived in the early 60s under a gehl box that was recycled to a gravity wagon. It was around a long time I can’t remember the number of it but it had a decal that had the number xxx tractor trailer. Decal was long gone. Had 2 cast pieces with grease zerks on the gear end of the pull tongue. 
that thing trailed straight as an arrow 

Well with all of this info, I am looking for a 330 8 bolt, 335, 375 or 385.  I had a lead on a 375, made a bid on it and they sold it the day before ether auction. Any leads on any of the above would be appreciated.  Thanks again for the wealth of info.