What did you do with your Red tractor today?

DT Fan

1 hour ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

Will it pull it 8-10" deep? If not, how deep?

The 1466’s have fluid in them and weights but more than 6” deep is a pretty big load in good ground.  Low 3rd direct is my target speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

Will it pull it 8-10" deep? If not, how deep?

That's pretty deep for a tool like that. If you want that deep you need a 5 shank disk ripper. Like a landoll weatherproofer or an m&w earthmaster. Have ran both, earthmaster with a 2wd 5488 ans weatherproofer with the mfed 7140. Both handled well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

9 shank Glencoe soil saver 3. Have pulled it with my 5288 and also a 1466.According to gps I am going about 4.5 mph and about 6 inches deep. Hard ground you definitely notice more wheel slip. 

I remember dad's s3 having the tandem lift wheels? Was that an option or was it an 11 or 13 Shankar? Pulled it with a 2670 Case of bad judgment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, F-301066460puller said:

I remember dad's s3 having the tandem lift wheels? Was that an option or was it an 11 or 13 Shankar? Pulled it with a 2670 Case of bad judgment.

I think I've seen some 9 shanks that way, and 7200 or 7400 which were a later model. 

• Like 1

To keep your dad happy... which can be hard..... Me personally I'd go with a 5 shank earthmaster disk ripper. Will go 10" no problem and with it being basically a tandem disk with a v-ripper behind it they pull easier of the 2 I mentioned in my experience. They used to be dirt cheap too lol

Have seen them here in flat central illinois pulled with 2wd 5288's. We pulled one with a 2wd 5488 with Goodyear lb sb tires 20.8x38's set out wide with close set duals.

35 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Loaded out 12 big round bales today. Didn't think to take a pic til after.

20231210_163622.jpg

How do ya like the back on your seat? Been wanting something like that for my 300.

Mac

48 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

What make loader?  I have never seen one around here like it.

I dont really know. I believe the mounts are mostly or all homemade. 

29 minutes ago, MacAR said:

How do ya like the back on your seat? Been wanting something like that for my 300.

Mac

It's ok. The back bad went bad and was tearing me up on some jobs so I took it off. Seat is a 460/560 standard seat I believe.  Was on it when I got it. A new back pad would be nice sometimes. Put a new seat pad on it probably 15 or 20 years ago. Needs another.

• Thanks 1

I aired up the tires to the correct PSI using a $59.95 115V Harbor freight 3 gallon compressor  running off an inverter powered by a 31 AGM battery helped by the trucks alternator.  The little compressor was slow but did the job. 14 PSI in the 13.6 X 28's rears and 25 PSI in the H9.50 X 16 fronts.

• Like 2

Indoor work today - mounted the chains and added some spiral hose wrap to loader hoses.

Without chains the turf tires quickly become slicks, so it feels good to have this done for another season (thanks @bitty).

chains.thumb.jpg.6cec3d978ac81bb50b2f87957c99bbd5.jpg

2-link ladder chain - they get heavier every year.

hose_wrap_1.thumb.jpg.704eeef4e2c1ce899a4292ed4e05a7fc.jpg

Been wanting to do this since last summer.  Measuring accurately was the most difficult step.

hose_wrap_3.thumb.jpg.2856884bd89dd064a9c89d5ddb09a9cd.jpg

Done for the day.

• Like 9

Didn't do anything with them, but went and got something for the 560. Should look and feel better than the mostly shot 06 or newer set up on a homemade mount. 

20231212_171418.jpg

• Like 4

Got the 400 running on all 4! Had NO.2 and 4 turned around. Thought it was running on three but only two. Sounds much better now. Think I'm still going to buy a new compression tester, kind of like to know how healthy thins are. Amazon has an OTC set for under $100.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Got the 400 running on all 4! Had NO.2 and 4 turned around. Thought it was running on three but only two. Sounds much better now. Think I'm still going to buy a new compression tester, kind of like to know how healthy thins are. Amazon has an OTC set for under $100.

Happens to the best of us.  

• Like 1