Jump to content

What did you do with your Red tractor today?


DT Fan

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Don’t know if this is true or not but on here before I thought they mentioned you could use a corn picker with that cab. All the 66 series tractors I have seen with that cab we’re either a 1466 or a 966. Never seen one on a 1066 around here. This was in the late 80s or early 90s when I started to pay attention to those details.

I have a 1066 with the custom cab. Bought new by a neighbor. They are rare down here. During the summer a cab without an air conditioner is a torture device.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Don’t know if this is true or not but on here before I thought they mentioned you could use a corn picker with that cab. All the 66 series tractors I have seen with that cab we’re either a 1466 or a 966. Never seen one on a 1066 around here. This was in the late 80s or early 90s when I started to pay attention to those details.

Have to agree. Not sure I've ever seen one on anything but a 14.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

Don’t know if this is true or not but on here before I thought they mentioned you could use a corn picker with that cab. All the 66 series tractors I have seen with that cab we’re either a 1466 or a 966. Never seen one on a 1066 around here. This was in the late 80s or early 90s when I started to pay attention to those details.

Growing up Dad had 2 1066's, 1 with the red deluxe cab and 1 with the excel cab.  Still has the 1066 with excel cab, basically just runs an auger anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IH Forever said:

Growing up Dad had 2 1066's, 1 with the red deluxe cab and 1 with the excel cab.  Still has the 1066 with excel cab, basically just runs an auger anymore.

there we go. i just never paid attention years ago. neighbor had a nice 966 with that cab and like i said rest were 1466s. One in a junk yard. one getting traded for a belarus tractor in early 1990s and another in pieces when a guy bought it . He put a a deluxe cab on it tried to sell it but lost 1500 dollars on his flip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started brush hogging today with the 300, and actually managed to not tear up anything! After about 3 hours I decided to come in for dinner and tinker in the shop. 

After dinner I decided to pull the junky homemade 3 point off the H and put the drawbar back on it. Plumbed in a remote to the lift all and just had to test it on the 9 foot disk. She pulled it fine in 3rd, but I could tell it was a bit much.

20231110_163433.thumb.jpg.000a388236d968e5b52ea229a8c9aa7f.jpg

Still got a couple minor things to straighten out on it, but the old rusty H is starting to come together nicely. I may start plowing tomorrow, but being as how it's opening morning of rifle season I may go to the woods. 

Mac

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a not so nice birthday present today.

 

Found out our Magnum 290 has hole in the fuel tank! Was told that year tractor has that problem, poor design of the tank. They tend to lose structural integrity after awhile. Not looking forward to that repair bill, !

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got started chisel plowing at sun up.  Caught my friends Quad Track and 875 ripper sitting in the field next to where I was working so I had to take a pic and send him.  He has a few 66’s too so he liked it.  Got my 440 4-16’s out of the shed and used it for the first time.  Hooked up the 73 1066 to the 710 5-16s.  Good day!

9C0F35F2-3EC7-4715-862F-78CB4A3AC046.jpeg

00BD97FD-9E17-42D2-A972-BE4FA4F8C93D.jpeg

FAEA6512-DD2A-477A-83E6-E0C3DE1D6A11.jpeg

68BFC304-2247-4310-A6B0-04D6E7B43282.jpeg

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drove the 756 to town and filled her up with gas! 24 gallons, that's most of five, 5 gallon cans. Beautiful day for a tractor ride and that 7 drives like a Cadillac! November 12th and I rode into town in a t-shirt and a long sleeve over top.

Stopped at the neighbors on the way home to say hi. They are only here a couple months spring and fall. Got a hug from his daughter, might stop more often now!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still running corn here. Even had to break out the small wagons as the Brent wagon is broke down at the moment 

20231113_111713.jpg

20231110_175457.jpg

20231110_172754.jpg

20231106_152117.jpg

20231105_134545.jpg

20231105_134541.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Planted 13.5 acres of rye last night.  My drill does not flow corn trash very well and i have to unplug it sometimes.  However, the drill was only $1500 and other no till drills are $5000 or more.  I only use it for rye.

20231113_181536.jpg

20231113_174851.jpg

20231113_174027.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2023 at 6:03 PM, billonthefarm said:

Got started chisel plowing at sun up.  Caught my friends Quad Track and 875 ripper sitting in the field next to where I was working so I had to take a pic and send him.  He has a few 66’s too so he liked it.  Got my 440 4-16’s out of the shed and used it for the first time.  Hooked up the 73 1066 to the 710 5-16s.  Good day!

9C0F35F2-3EC7-4715-862F-78CB4A3AC046.jpeg

00BD97FD-9E17-42D2-A972-BE4FA4F8C93D.jpeg

FAEA6512-DD2A-477A-83E6-E0C3DE1D6A11.jpeg

68BFC304-2247-4310-A6B0-04D6E7B43282.jpeg

I like that 440 plow.  I've always had a soft spot for fully mounted plows.  I'd love to find a 3 bottom 450 with auto reset but they are pretty much non existent around here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday was nice day for digging peppermint roots for transplant. 7130 on the digger and 1456 open station on wagon. One more day and should be done. Try and get pictures today. Don’t get too many 60* days second week of November in northern Indiana. Think we’re going to pay sometime this winter 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...