What did you do with your Red tractor today?

DT Fan

31 minutes ago, MT Matt said:

Everything shined right up.

True happiness is a well polished moldboard, in my opinion. Great photos, enjoy your plowing! I hope to get started on my soon but it's a bit dry for it right now.

Mac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked almost all the corn today, there are about 20 rows that are overgrown with weeds. The old 101 picker does not like them at all, I decided to quit after the inside gathering chain broke the second time. 

image000000.thumb.jpg.c92f1fdaf046ac48a5b27b7b79ffd501.jpg

I think I'll wait til next month after we've had a good frost or three, and pick the last of it for deer food. Maybe by then I'll have a wagon to use and not my lawnmower trailer. The old rusty H did a darn fine job hauling the picker around, so I think I'll go ahead and put the brush hog on it and chop the stalks, and mow a few other places while I'm at it. 

Mac

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, MT Matt said:

More plowing today, the area I am plowing is part of 40 acres. Turning under the last 10 acres of old hay ground. Rough, root bound and compacted. Time to start over. 

If you look ahead…

IMG_9277.thumb.jpeg.a01272404f3329c960f32a1a84a15043.jpeg

what’s behind you will take care of itself. 

IMG_9274.thumb.jpeg.db7c005df0ee42afae53b3f5acaedc23.jpeg

You must have had the gps in straight track? 🤣

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MT Matt said:

If you look ahead…

IMG_9277.thumb.jpeg.a01272404f3329c960f32a1a84a15043.jpeg

My grandad used to say that, in regards to plowing. Looks like you're doing a fine job, those furrows are straight and even. I never was hardly that good, sorta like dad said " after you hit it with the disk you'll never see where it was  crooked". But after 20 years I've gotten a little better; and who knows, in another 20 years I might be as good as you! 

Mac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MT Matt said:

If you look ahead…

Unless what’s behind you comes unhooked!! lol 😂 
Have heard multiple stories of people not knowing that they lost the implement until they turn around on the other end.

One in particular was a guy spreading fertilizer, lost the buggy right after he turned on the headland. Didn’t know he lost it until he turned around on the other end. His 2 uncles and another guy was in the yard talking, watched the whole thing. So they told everybody!! That was 25+ years ago and it still gets brought up once in a while!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Matt, that's not that bad! You will see much worse at plow days. I try to 'fix' as much of it as I can so the owners don't get aggravated.

This field is right by the freeway so everyone sees what I do there.  As long as the edges are squared off, it looks just fine!🤣 

• Like 3

Sitting in the field waiting on another truck load of beans.  Hoping to get one more load off before they get too tough.  Like always, trying to out run rain forecasted for tomorrow. 

20231010_201827.jpg

20231010_171057.jpg

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Sitting in the field waiting on another truck load of beans.  Hoping to get one more load off before they get too tough.  Like always, trying to out run rain forecasted for tomorrow. 

20231010_201827.jpg

20231010_171057.jpg

Yep, they are forecasting rain here the next three days, glad  got beans done today!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MT Matt said:

Camera angle is key to faking a straight line!  🤣🤣

IMG_9283.thumb.jpeg.4f0c7ad74b3b5c99be62313420d4312a.jpeg

Not even close!  I prefer calling it following the curvature of the earth…

Had an older fellow tell me once that if the rows are crooked the wild oats won't know which way to grow 😂

• Haha 3

A few more night pics.   Had to stop, got tough and platform auger drive repair does not need unnecessary stress this close to finishing.  If dad can cut 10 acres before it rains tomorrow the beans will be done.  Looking like +/-65bpa yield.

20231010_203934.jpg

20231010_204031.jpg

• Like 9

After three days of loading bales on the trailer at my north meadow

IMG_20231009_161541474.thumb.jpg.70f273998191626adb1c4f09be13bd69.jpg

The old girl patiently awaits a ride home

IMG_20231011_171034124.thumb.jpg.7b7506221a739863655a9fe6fde71f86.jpg

Over fifty years old and just goes to work every day

Gets the job done, ready for the next one.

Easy to take em for granted.🤠

• Like 9

I'm not getting any good pictures of getting beans off but have 3600 bushel done so far. Haven't looked at acreage yet but rain coming soon. Lots to go yet but no more ready as leaves are hanging on the rest 

IMG_20231011_150408301.jpg

• Like 6

I shed shuffled around to get the combine and corn head inside and gave my 1086 a hug because I hadn't driven it in awhile.  A neighbor brought my drill back with their 1066 black stripe but no pics.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bitty said:

I'm not getting any good pictures of getting beans off but have 3600 bushel done so far. Haven't looked at acreage yet but rain coming soon. Lots to go yet but no more ready as leaves are hanging on the rest 

We have been getting lake effect rain the last few days after a generally rainy prior weekend.  The concrete was wet when I got up this morning.  Another round of showers predicted for this comiong Saturday through Monday and as the weather woman said everybody is going to get something Saturday.  Are you having to dry beans?  

8 hours ago, bitty said:

I wanted to be home from up North because rain wass forecast last night

They were right, it came in on a big wind with a lot of lightning right at 12:30. 

.85" in the gauge this morning and calling for up to 2" ending in snow showers tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, 766 Man said:

We have been getting lake effect rain the last few days after a generally rainy prior weekend.  The concrete was wet when I got up this morning.  Another round of showers predicted for this comiong Saturday through Monday and as the weather woman said everybody is going to get something Saturday.  Are you having to dry beans?  

14-15% on my tester