What did you do with your Red tractor today?

DT Fan

Planted some Alfalfa today. Was originally going to do this first part of the month but the landlord wanted to do some clearing in a few places so by the time he got done and with Weather delays and us bailing hay it brought us to today getting it done 

20230831_102055.jpg

20230831_102057.jpg

20230831_122223.jpg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Cool1566 said:

All the good (interesting) equipment is at Eric’s place!

No doubt but front mounted cultivators and mounted corn pickers are found in much wider quantity in the Midwest versus NY where I am from.  Consensus seems to be that maybe 100 of the IH 234 and 100 of the JD 237 corn pickers were sold new in NY.  Most were lost to time in that they were sold out of state or due to wear scrapped.  It gets expensive for a guy like me to truck stuff in from the Corn Belt.  

On 8/13/2023 at 4:39 PM, IKS said:

This is not my Red Tractor, but it will be my play room for the next 3 weeks. 

IMG_20230813_160453.jpg

Yesterday was a the last day, this morning I went back and took the carpet out and cleaned it the best I could, swept the floor and dusted the hard plastic and other areas I could do a half decent job on. Boss said not to do it but I get well paid and it is great to have really nice machinery to run. 

• Like 5

Messed around with the 460. Changed out the coil and monkey'd with the janky carb that's been Jerry rigged to run e85 and it leaks... jb weld is my friend..... Last pull is tomorrow unless it runs right lol My oldest is going with so if it runs ill get pics Ana vid. Also messed with dad's new to him 806D. He said it's been using oil (8100 untouched hours) found out he's been putting 30wt penzoil in it..... not diesel rated.... 🙄 got to fix that.

From yesterday, raked the last cutting of alfalfa for this field with the 766 I grew up with, and my brother’s Vermeer R2300. Nice combination, if overpowered. Much nicer to run than my high strung Rowse pulled by a gutless 706. My Rowse is down at the moment for a rake wheel rebuild. 

721DD270-FE99-4B3A-90B5-BE6278D9FD5C.jpeg

• Like 11

20220702_102502.thumb.jpg.e764021230429287c7607ff1d0ebf9e7.jpg

Pulled the haybine up to the shop with the 300, greased and oiled it and replaced a couple sections. Laid down a couple acres of hay as a "test" plot for the #37 baler. I recently put a radio on the tractor, and it made mowing go by a lot faster it seemed. The 85 degree weather helped some too.

The grass was very thin this year, but fluffed it right behind the mower so it'll hopefully dry by Monday. I'm shooting for about 100 bales, but i dont think it will make that. Will probably have to fluff again tomorrow to get it dry, but I think I'll let the 340 take care of that.

Also need to get the rake greased up, replace a couple tines, and then bring the baler in and install the new twine knives and give it a general once over. Will probably do that tomorrow afternoon. 

Mac 

Photo was from last year, forgot to take one today but you get the idea. 

• Like 12

Haven’t been able to post much lately, wife’s health isn’t good but had a bright spot today, 5 year old grand daughter came over and wanted a tractor ride, built her a grab bar and took off, way safer than when I was growing up, she loved it

20230902_193137.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Gearclash said:

From yesterday, raked the last cutting of alfalfa for this field with the 766 I grew up with, and my brother’s Vermeer R2300. Nice combination, if overpowered. Much nicer to run than my high strung Rowse pulled by a gutless 706. My Rowse is down at the moment for a rake wheel rebuild. 

721DD270-FE99-4B3A-90B5-BE6278D9FD5C.jpeg

I love a 766 in the hay field. Made for it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

More disking with the 1456 and then my Dad harrowed with the M.  I have decided to do some YouTube videos.  It's more of a let's record our farm life and than anything that I think will go anywhere. Check it out you're interested.  

https://m.youtube.com/@harvestingharrolds8106

20230902_143547.jpg

• Like 10

On 8/31/2023 at 10:47 PM, Cool1566 said:

All the good (interesting) equipment is at Eric’s place!

And Long farms ..... 

• Like 2