What did you do with your Red tractor today?

DT Fan

I’m exhibiting at Rantoul with all the other awesome exhibitors , I put our C in with the heritage tractors.

71458876639__98A24EF2-8B1A-4B06-893E-B3FD3D7F8336.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Thats a cool looking truck!

Looks like a heavy crop.  Looks muggy too

Thanks!

Its a good truck that needs a little paint and some higher gears. Would pull a mountain but it's slow on the highway.

We had already moved 20 baled. Made 60 baled on 6 acres. The Sudan was tall but the stems were still small. I prefer to cut it waist high but it got away from me...

Muggy. Temps in the low 100s. dew point in the mid 70S. Heat index in high one hundred teens. It's miserable and we're not in AC...

• Sad 2

We baled some 3rd cutting hay Tuesday and Wednesday this week. 30 acres worth. Original was shooting for Monday Tuesday but Monday nothing dried so everything was pushed back a day. Tuesday wasn't too bad temp and humidity wise. Wednesday was horrid. 92 degrees with a heat index of 103. Unloaded 5 wagons. Reloaded everything and round baled the rest 

20230821_114443.jpg

20230821_114504.jpg

20230822_150629.jpg

20230822_150632.jpg

20230823_134514.jpg

20230823_142151.jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, John Rowehl said:

Western or Central New York is it?

Central. It’s been a terrible year. Rains every other day. But in between it’s really hot and sunny, so most people would say it hasn’t been too badBut in between it’s really hot and sunny, so most people would say it hasn’t been too bad

Same as y'all.  Balin' in the humidity. So bad yesterday the hay was practically in case by 5:00. Loaded it by hand, because the grapple tractor was somewhere else pullin the round baler, because the cab tractor is down...

Hay made about 25 per acre. Really clean. I was okay with that yield. May get one more cutting out of some of this.

Pretty hot. Y'all be careful out there.

20230824_182222.jpg

20230824_191521.jpg

• Like 7

On 8/26/2023 at 12:25 AM, Reichow7120 said:

We baled some 3rd cutting hay Tuesday and Wednesday this week. 30 acres worth. Original was shooting for Monday Tuesday but Monday nothing dried so everything was pushed back a day. Tuesday wasn't too bad temp and humidity wise. Wednesday was horrid. 92 degrees with a heat index of 103. Unloaded 5 wagons. Reloaded everything and round baled the rest 

20230821_114443.jpg

20230821_114504.jpg

20230822_150629.jpg

20230822_150632.jpg

20230823_134514.jpg

20230823_142151.jpg

Pleasure to see pictures of the Farmall 105 U.
The power of my tractor was increased by the workshop manager of my CASE IH dealership at the request of the former owner.
I bought it with a front loader which gives me a lot of problems.
I will see this week with my CASE IH dealer to replace it.
Otherwise I like the tractor.
I received it last March; it has barely 2350  hours; it is from 2013.

14 minutes ago, utility 64 said:

Pleasure to see pictures of the Farmall 105 U.
The power of my tractor was increased by the workshop manager of my CASE IH dealership at the request of the former owner.
I bought it with a front loader which gives me a lot of problems.
I will see this week with my CASE IH dealer to replace it.
Otherwise I like the tractor.
I received it last March; it has barely 2350  hours; it is from 2013.

Can I ask what the loader problems have been. 

We have been considering putting a loader on ours a few weeks so we can have one loader with a cab in the winter for wood cutting and brush moving ( our other loaders are open station). Tractor was set up from the dealer where a loader can be put on without a lot of fuss. Even has a joy stick in the cab already. Ours is a 2013 model too

Well, I kind of played with the 756 a little today. Drove it to town and filled it up with gas. This is a much superior method as compared to filling with 5 gallon cans! It's about 7.5 miles one way. Noticed on the way the air-filter 'gauge' is red, hmmmm. So when I got back, checked into that, filter is clean. Must be something in the wiring, great. Will have to check into that later.

After awhile it's pumpkin time. Going to rob the battery out of WD 'Grandpa' and put it in the new P.O.S. D-17 I drug home a week ago. Well, that battery was done! So, had to rob the one out of WD 'Micha'! Got both of these girls running before actually removing the battery. Put it in the 17, barely turned over. Yeah, the cables are that bad! I have better used ones in the shop, attempt to install the + and ruined the solenoid taking the nut off. Great, parts run in the morning. Cross threaded the fuel line nut too so we'll need more than one thing, what the hay?

After getting to the point of being stymied with that stupid 17, Iowaboy showed up wit some eggs for me!!! Talked awhile then he needed to get moving. Decided to take the bush-hog off the 856 and put it back on the 7. Want to get the 5-16 plow hooked on the 8 here pretty soon and see if the tread spacing can be made to work with this plow. i am absolutely champing  at the bit to plow with this thing!!! Got the 'hog' back on the 7 and put them both away. Then back on a pumpkin to do some mowing around the buildings. Got a little done, plenty more for later this week. Time to cook super. Eggplant!!!

And thus concludes my post for Sunday. Sorry I didn't get any pictures today.

• Like 3

Forgot to take pictures today.  Gathered 2nd cutting hay with the 1456 and bale forks.  Then used the Hydro 84 to get a load of stone in the bucket.  I hope the hydro lasts a long time as that is the handiest tractor we own.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IHandJDman said:

Forgot to take pictures today.  Gathered 2nd cutting hay with the 1456 and bale forks.  Then used the Hydro 84 to get a load of stone in the bucket.  I hope the hydro lasts a long time as that is the handiest tractor we own.

I'm with you on the handiness of a hydro! If I ever get time to get my 826 going..... Actually felt like it might get looked at in the next week or two today. need to at least get it started and running for a bit before winter.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Can I ask what the loader problems have been. 

We have been considering putting a loader on ours a few weeks so we can have one loader with a cab in the winter for wood cutting and brush moving ( our other loaders are open station). Tractor was set up from the dealer where a loader can be put on without a lot of fuss. Even has a joy stick in the cab already. Ours is a 2013 model too

The tractor is second hand. The first owner used it for tillage and corn treatments. . He sold it to my CASE IH dealer to buy newer. The second owner, a mountain breeder, had a second-hand loader fitted. He replaced it to buy a Farmall 100 C with CASE IH loader because the CASE IH dealer was doing private sales and so he took advantage of the offers. When I went to see this tractor at the owner; He explained to me the reasons for his change. He told me that the loader tilt cylinders were leaking a bit. The dealer told me he would change the gaskets. On this loader there are paint jobs that I took care of as well as changes of hydraulic hoses that could still hold

Although the seals have been changed, it leaks a lot more.
I asked my CASE IH dealer for a quote to see how much a tilt cylinder costs.
Result of the races 1166 Euros the tilt cylinder.
I was thinking of changing them both; but given the price and the work to be done on it; I asked my dealer to see how much a new loader without accessories from the same manufacturer costs while keeping the frame that is mounted on the tractor or to make me other proposals.
The controls of this charger are electric.
The charger whose name is Manip is an old French brand which depends on another French manufacturer of MX chargers.
Moreover, CASE IH has concluded an agreement to market French MX chargers in Europe under its brand.
If you want, I can send you photos by private message.
The mechanics at my CASE IH dealership tell me these are very reliable tractors; better than the latest ones.
These are tractors that are in demand.