What did you do with your Red tractor today?

DT Fan

Pulled the seldom used stuff out of the fence-row so I could mow the little trees and various other stuff before we need a chainsaw to get this stuff out! I had run the weedeater around the plow pretty good recently so it wasn't bad. As you go East, it got much worse. The 350 disc gets used about every spring and the Kruase field cultivator got out to fix a small problem this year. The AC field cultivator, been several years since it got used. Took over an hour to get everything out, couple of flat tires didn't help. Took about 5 minutes with the 856 to mow and another hour to get things back in mother nature's shed. Then got the M loaded up to free up this spot. In all, used four different tractors for this little job, you gottem, night as well use them. Threading the needle to get that wagon hooked up was 'interesting'!

Edit; I should add that this is something I like to do on a yearly basis but seem to miss a few.

IMG_2341.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

• Like 10

yesterday, but...

took the 1935 F12 to the Roseboom tractor show. It has electric start, foot brakes, and live hydraulics to power the Massey Harris loader. Only 60 miles from home, but the only person there I knew was CWinn from the forum. Travelling to the show with my college friend that helped me get the 1946 M and cutter, we talked about why the M was burning off points in the mag, and thought why not put a distributor on it? At the show, there were 2 Ms side by side, one with mag and one with distributor, looked like switch would work, so we left a bit early, came home, and took the distributor off a parts 350 utility. He switched it out while I rewired the wires I burned off the day before, and now Mary M runs again after who knows how long. Still needs some fine-tuning.

F12.thumb.jpg.898d3e661024755de75d36595d1a7f74.jpg

2022-08-1823_31_50.thumb.jpg.8b786c33200329752bf05464d311c57d.jpgMaryandcutter.thumb.jpg.6d1ecc09c18b53719d31f58013c65762.jpg

• Like 9

Raked some 3rd cutting with the 400 yesterday.  Too tough early and again late so I will do the rest today hopefully. 90% humidity at 7:30 am. 🙄 hopefully later won't be AS bad. 

20230819_122410.jpg

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Raked some 3rd cutting with the 400 yesterday.  Too tough early and again late so I will do the rest today hopefully. 90% humidity at 7:30 am. 🙄 hopefully later won't be AS bad. 

20230819_122410.jpg

Talked to a friend/cousin? of yours last night. Didn't realize the situation with the 8 was quite like he portrayed. I haven't heard of anything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Pulled the seldom used stuff out of the fence-row so I could mow the little trees and various other stuff before we need a chainsaw to get this stuff out! I had run the weedeater around the plow pretty good recently so it wasn't bad. As you go East, it got much worse. The 350 disc gets used about every spring and the Kruase field cultivator got out to fix a small problem this year. The AC field cultivator, been several years since it got used. Took over an hour to get everything out, couple of flat tires didn't help. Took about 5 minutes with the 856 to mow and another hour to get things back in mother nature's shed. Then got the M loaded up to free up this spot. In all, used four different tractors for this little job, you gottem, night as well use them. Threading the needle to get that wagon hooked up was 'interesting'!

Edit; I should add that this is something I like to do on a yearly basis but seem to miss a few.

IMG_2341.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2343.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

Used to be plenty of the AC 1200 field cultivators around decades ago.  I think that AC seriously undercut the competition on price for those.  

3 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

Used to be plenty of the AC 1200 field cultivators around decades ago.  I think that AC seriously undercut the competition on price for those.  

It has positives and negatives, not enough trash clearance the big negative! That's why it doesn't get used more. If I have do disc first, usually satisfied with that result and let the cultivator sit, hence the shrubbery!

5 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

Raking hay today with the 284. Hot one today!!

D3E1666F-FECC-44E6-A7CD-EC43D98C8093.jpeg

Nice tractor!  Did round 2 today and waited a couple hours to bale. Was pretty green under neath where the rake wouldn't get the inside edge of the wind row. Baled up pretty nice after it got some sun and wind today. Should have waited and done it all today. 

• Like 6

Today,evening, I drove the 756 STD with empty hay wagon  home from our tractor show. Wagon was full fri morning but the 3rd inch of rain the nite before called for some dry action at the show grounds.  My wife followed me back to the farm as dusk was setting in. She said the speed stayed steady at 20 mph . Yep, throttle wouldn't any farther.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Nice tractor!  Did round 2 today and waited a couple hours to bale. Was pretty green under neath where the rake wouldn't get the inside edge of the wind row. Baled up pretty nice after it got some sun and wind today. Should have waited and done it all today. 

Going to bale mine tomorrow. A friend is going to bale for me when he gets home from work, as I’m working 10’s and have an hour and a half drive home.

5 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

Going to bale mine tomorrow. A friend is going to bale for me when he gets home from work, as I’m working 10’s and have an hour and a half drive home.

That really cuts into tractor time!

• Like 1

Moved 3rd cutting hay (picture of some of it) off the field tonight with the 400 and then brought it and the rake home. That's just about enough in this heat. 

20230822_162044.jpg

20230822_163415.jpg

20230822_164521.jpg

• Like 9

Loaded it on the trailer headed to Rantoul ,Illinois 

• Like 1

Pulled cable with the 385, its handy for hanging reels. didn’t get any pictures except driving there. But i nearly has a wreck because of an idiot aggressive driver on the way home. 

IMG_0729.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Pulled cable with the 385, its handy for hanging reels. didn’t get any pictures except driving there. But i nearly has a wreck because of an idiot aggressive driver on the way home. 

IMG_0729.jpeg

Got to watch out for the idiots!!
Nice little tractor Seth!!! What loader do you have on it?

11 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

Got to watch out for the idiots!!
Nice little tractor Seth!!! What loader do you have on it?

CIH 2200

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1