Jump to content

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!


cobfly

Recommended Posts

-15f at 6:30 pm, not good diesel weather. Skidsteer is fine, won't even bother with the 88 or the duramax, and I am treated to the nuts, just know to wait until above 0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Snox38 said:

-41*f here this morning 

brrrrrrrr i know me some wisdom n wise river - used to travel that valley for work before I moved from MT........dont miss that minus stuff like that im not that tuff 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cobfly said:

We did good, got up to -5f. Was out in my skid steer, no heated cab, most of the day, getting caught up from the storm. Got a big crockpot of homemade chili waiting for me inside. At least I can open gates now, still gotta dig a couple trailers out in case I need them.

u need to buy my skidsteer cob, its got cab w/heat and it works!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

u need to buy my skidsteer cob, its got cab w/heat and it works!!!

I wish I had it Robert, corrals are so full of snow I can't move the gates. 

Need to work some calves and repl hfrs. 

Guess I will just have to polish up the old aluminum scoop shovel and get to work. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I wish I had it Robert, corrals are so full of snow I can't move the gates. 

Need to work some calves and repl hfrs. 

Guess I will just have to polish up the old aluminum scoop shovel and get to work. 

its starts good plugged in lol - it has hydraulic and engine heaters i had never seen a hydraulic heater until i got it didnt even know they had such things - you would love the heater jeff i know I do, i put a fan in it so it doesnt fog teh windows up from the moisture - not sure it would do much at -40 thought like they been having in the west sheesh!!! might have to put a feed sack over the radiator and oil cooler

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, searcyfarms said:

its starts good plugged in lol - it has hydraulic and engine heaters i had never seen a hydraulic heater until i got it didnt even know they had such things - you would love the heater jeff i know I do, i put a fan in it so it doesnt fog teh windows up from the moisture - not sure it would do much at -40 thought like they been having in the west sheesh!!! might have to put a feed sack over the radiator and oil cooler

We didn't get it as bad as Cob this time around just -7° tonight and then will warm up into the 20's and 30's this week.

A SS like yours would spoil me more than I deserve.

Besides, a little shovel work never hurt anyone🤠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

u need to buy my skidsteer cob, its got cab w/heat and it works!!!

I don't want to get soft, besides, when my hands get cold after an hour or so, it's time for a beer in my shop anyhow. I did think it would be nice to have heated grips though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Besides, a little shovel work never hurt anyone

I don't mean to be a downer, but I used to know a man that retired, moved to town, and was in the back yard scraping snow off his roof, had the big one, and never even made a snow angel!

I try very hard NOT to involve myself personally with snow. 😱

Mike  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mikem said:

I don't mean to be a downer, but I used to know a man that retired, moved to town, and was in the back yard scraping snow off his roof, had the big one, and never even made a snow angel!

I try very hard NOT to involve myself personally with snow. 😱

Mike  

That is a rough deal.

Very sad.

And don't blame you a bit.

 

I ain't out to hurry things along but when the good Lord decides I've pestered people down here long enough and decides to take me home 

I hope he finds me workin'.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Neither does the hyd seat in the 1486😪

 

 

And I won't complain at -10°

Just one more night on the wrong side of zero and we are in for some real plumb tropical temps!

Maybe even do a little fishing!😃

852409324_fishingice.jpg.eedf33725f718c980b54190395f7360b.jpg

..crazy stuff....using those vibrators    ,long hair should be up....and no ear protection  either......:rolleyes:

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mike newman said:

..crazy stuff....using those vibrators    ,long hair should be up....and no ear protection  either......:rolleyes:

Mike

Hanged if I didn't notice their ears.

Next time I take the neighbor girls fishin, I'll make sure they are properly protected

Thanks Mike!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Hanged if I didn't notice their ears.

Next time I take the neighbor girls fishin, I'll make sure they are properly protected

Thanks Mike!

...always happy to oblige , Jeff !!

(..I will be in touch after Thursday, NZ time   re entry in the United States for the  unvaccinated...seems a ''no go ''   at this stage ....which could be a real bummer...)

Mike

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

We didn't get it as bad as Cob this time around just -7° tonight and then will warm up into the 20's and 30's this week.

A SS like yours would spoil me more than I deserve.

Besides, a little shovel work never hurt anyone🤠

Getting spoiled once in a while is ok lol

I don't mind shovel work but boy is it ever nice to only have to knock a bit a snow out of the gates compared to full gates length worth. And it's pretty easy to get used to taking the gloves off in the cab when it's -40. Call me spoiled I don't care 😄

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

brrrrrrrr i know me some wisdom n wise river - used to travel that valley for work before I moved from MT........dont miss that minus stuff like that im not that tuff 

It isn’t for the weak of heart. Slogan around is 10 months of winter and 2 months of mosquitoes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mike newman said:

...always happy to oblige , Jeff !!

(..I will be in touch after Thursday, NZ time   re entry in the United States for the  unvaccinated...seems a ''no go ''   at this stage ....which could be a real bummer...)

Mike

I will not start a tirade on what I think of this criminally idiotic requirement for people of good character trying to legally enter this country on a mission of good will while looking the other way for people with bad intentions freely and illegally entering from the south because they know the worse thing that can happen to them is a hot meal and a bus ride back home. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some pictures for 31 January 2023 from North Texas

Nice little ice/slush/frozen rain situation.

Actually the most winter weather in the past year.

The emergency generator set in its all metal enclosure. The little lean-to is because when I first did the cover it only had a 5 gallon fuel tank, I moved to a 15 gallon tank that took up more space. Not a plumb joint any the whole thing! I have a set 150W solar cells for the starting battery.

Vehicles are the 13 Nissan and the 93 K2500.

 

 

 

 

IMG_3937 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3933 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3936 - Copy.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At 6 am was -3,.... by 7:30 -5 at the house .....,at 8am down the drive, also down a slight hill, to the road by the creek -12 . ,,colder than expected was the weather mans excuse.😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, mikem said:

I don't mean to be a downer, but I used to know a man that retired, moved to town, and was in the back yard scraping snow off his roof, had the big one, and never even made a snow angel!

I try very hard NOT to involve myself personally with snow. 😱

Mike  

Retirement in general is bad for your health. People who do nothing exerting at all tend to suffer the worst from snow death. It is a funny thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...