Upgraded box blade.

Mr. Plow

Spent today converting my cat 0/1 box blade to a trailing model.    3pt doesn't grade well enough.   Just needs hoses and paint.

20230128_143651.jpg

20230128_175234.jpg

20230128_175242.jpg

• Like 6

Nice job Steve.  Looks good.  You figure you'll need to hang some suit case weights on the back of it?

19 hours ago, nate said:

Looks good,  and I like the fact it’s all bolted on.   May need a restrictor in the hydraulic line for better control of adjustment??

I have a needle valve if I need it......1-1/2" cylinder is pretty controllable with 1/4" hoses and 4 gpm.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 5:53 AM, Mountain Heritage said:

Nice job Steve.  Looks good.  You figure you'll need to hang some suit case weights on the back of it?

It's about 450# now.....Cubs won't pull it if it cuts too well!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, drglinski said:

Pretty cool.   Is there anything you can't fabricate? 

Thanks.  This was a bit of a "throw it together" exercise.   I need to use it first thing this spring to cut in the driveway for my new shop.   Once the new shop it built and I can leave projects set up for a long time I might try something more challenging. 

Thinking of trying a 1/2 scale grain drill, or maybe heavy offset disk. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

Thanks.  This was a bit of a "throw it together" exercise.   I need to use it first thing this spring to cut in the driveway for my new shop.   Once the new shop it built and I can leave projects set up for a long time I might try something more challenging. 

1/2 scale grain drill would be quite a challenge! Exceedingly cool when finished.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

Make a miniature JXP plow.   😄

I have a few 8" Sears bottoms.......have kicked around a 2 bottom mounted plow.   If I could find some left handers (NOT) we could work up a tumble-bug.... :) :) 

• Like 3

I need a bigger tractor build before that build....... :)

but before that......new workshop going up thus summer......need to put down the welder and pick up the shovel and circular saw.  Scraper above will play a key roll in dirt work,  culvert install,  and driveway install. 🏠

• Like 3

• 1 month later...