chisel plow leveling bar

ih886/1066

my landoll disc chisels leave the telltale furrow ridges and was thinking about something like unverferth spike tooth bar behind like behind my perfecta

finisher. trying to skip a pass later on. once with disc/packer then with perfectas. only 5 shank.would need like 7 footer.whatya think? wonder about cost and where to buy. sw pa. very few dealers. thanks

I’ve seen a simple buster bar like a moldboard plow uses, and I’ve seen a bar with a few cultivator shanks to knock the ridges off. If you are fall tilling I would think either of these would combine with winter mellowing to make a spring one pass easy. I would only use a harrow if spring tilling.

18 hours ago, ih886/1066 said:

my landoll disc chisels leave the telltale furrow ridges and was thinking about something like unverferth spike tooth bar behind like behind my perfecta

finisher. trying to skip a pass later on. once with disc/packer then with perfectas. only 5 shank.would need like 7 footer.whatya think? wonder about cost and where to buy. sw pa. very few dealers. thanks

Look up The Ridge leveler, by Pepin 

I have a couple sunflower chisel plows and the both have flexible spike harrows on them.  Really helps smooth things up in the fall and I can make 1 pass in the spring and plant with no trouble.

2C97740C-96B3-406C-AA2D-71DBF9E02850.jpeg