Jump to content

I will probably get kicked off of the forum for this…


vtfireman85

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

anyone who has ever plowed snow and hasn’t had this happen hasn’t plowed snow. 

It’s just a matter if they will admit it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

The charts and graphs guy said that you can only safely pull 1-1/2 times your tractor weight. But then again, he pulls a square baler that the plunger is probably 3x’s that. 
You might be put on probation for a while, Seth!!

If I’m the C&G guy I didn’t say that, the Deere operators manual states that (up to a certain weight).  
Care to show your math where a small, low capacity 70 stroke per minute square baler is generating 7,000+ pounds of force with the plunger?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

If I’m the C&G guy I didn’t say that, the Deere operators manual states that (up to a certain weight).  
Care to show your math where a small, low capacity 70 stroke per minute square baler is generating 7,000+ pounds of force with the plunger?

You also never admitted that is your tractor on the square baler…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

let me see how this works....you put tractor in gear, jump off and run to the truck , throw it in gear and start clawing your way out

I've done that dance with a Deere 650H and the log truck a few times by myself in the woods when the truck needed some help, Usually when turning around. Ill try to just pull the truck and pup but sometimes the dozer can't quite move it, its an lgp, so I will have to go and drive the truck while the dozer drives itself. Just point it in the direction I want it to go and make the truck follow it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How tight are your bales?  Think 30 psi when the plunger hits?

18 x 14 = 252 in^2  x 30 psi = 7560 lbs.

now I’m not saying that the above equation represents anything.  I don’t have a clue if 30 psi is right or not.

but 10 psi = 2500 lbs and the baler weighs 2000 pounds.  

Our little NH 268 flat wore out the fast hitch on our 560 with the cyclic motion. Just saying…

14 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

Care to show your math where a small, low capacity 70 stroke per minute square baler is generating 7,000+ pounds of force with the plunger?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

How tight are your bales?  Think 30 psi when the plunger hits?

18 x 14 = 252 in^2  x 30 psi = 7560 lbs.

now I’m not saying that the above equation represents anything.  I don’t have a clue if 30 psi is right or not.

but 10 psi = 2500 lbs and the baler weighs 2000 pounds.  

Our little NH 268 flat wore out the fast hitch on our 560 with the cyclic motion. Just saying…

 

Ever been hit with a fist? Funny how a 4 lb fist can feel like 200 lbs of hit. I have no charts, just real world experience.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kid at work brought in a grip strength tester. He tried to get the sasquatch to try it. Sasquatch said it didn't matter what his grip strength was, it only matters if you can take a punch. He may have missed the point, but when the sasquatch punches something, it stays punched.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

This used to be the norm for northern oilfield trucking, drive the truck until stuck unload Cat and drag it all out until you could reload, repeat as necessary, getting back out without the Cat was sometimes the bigger challenge 

Years ago we were up in barkerville area hearing a story like yours about a powerwagon being driven into a logging area and came to the end of cut road and could not get out, got socked in and left there, some of the areas we've been to are brand new cut blocks with the road equipment left over weekends, just locked doors on buncher/crawlers, cats, graders etc. All this in miles and miles and never damaged, always made you feel good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

Kid at work brought in a grip strength tester. He tried to get the sasquatch to try it. Sasquatch said it didn't matter what his grip strength was, it only matters if you can take a punch. He may have missed the point, but when the sasquatch punches something, it stays punched.

We had to use one of those in high school for some physical fitness test in PE. (Among other odd tests). It was interesting that the average for high school boys was something like 70-80lb.  It was the only test I excelled at. Lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

Kid at work brought in a grip strength tester. He tried to get the sasquatch to try it. Sasquatch said it didn't matter what his grip strength was, it only matters if you can take a punch. He may have missed the point, but when the sasquatch punches something, it stays punched.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What is a grip strength tester?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TractormanMike.mb said:
4 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

let me see how this works....you put tractor in gear, jump off and run to the truck , throw it in gear and start clawing your way out

I've done that dance with a Deere 650H and the log truck a few times by myself in the woods when the truck needed some help, Usually when turning around. Ill try to just pull the truck and pup but sometimes the dozer can't quite move it, its an lgp, so I will have to go and drive the truck while the dozer drives itself. Just point it in the direction I want it to go and make the truck follow it.

Did it a few times in my CJ out wheeling alone 

Got high centered on the TC skid plate crawling over some ledge all 4 off the ground 

Had to put it in reverse get out rock it from the front bumper until it caught the ground

Then run to jump in is the fun part 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have hooked the 1460 combine up to my old cargo van to pull it out of a snow bank. It was icy underneath and that combine fired right up amd drug it out like it wasn't even there. Did it all by myself. Necessity is the mother of invention. 

Loaded a 53' van full of hay and they couldn't move, sitting on a solid driveway. Took the bale grapple off and put the bucket on, got up to the back of the trailer and spun all the wheels. So I stood on the brakes and boomed the telehandler out, as I ran out of reach the truck started getting grip and we were good. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Did it a few times in my CJ out wheeling alone 

Got high centered on the TC skid plate crawling over some ledge all 4 off the ground 

Had to put it in reverse get out rock it from the front bumper until it caught the ground

Then run to jump in is the fun part 

Whenever I leave the dozer drive itself I only give it just enough throttle so it is barely moving the tracks, my speed is set at around one mile per hour. Usually I need to do this because a turn around is too slimey and just can't get the pup to do what I want, with the pin locked sometimes it will want to push the back of the truck around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dave Shepard said:

I maxxed it out. I could do ten reps maxxed out and nobody else could come close for a single try. 

 

 

This one had a scale on it that was like a tattletail on a tachometer. It would pin at the highest point and stay there.   No adjustable tension for reps. Just lbs of force. You held it at your side and squeezed. I did 165lbs if I remember correctly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

If you plow you also need to sand 

Get a sander for the back of that pick up 

Negative. I only do my own and the neighbors, and all for free. I have a 3point sander but rarely worth using. I bust it out when my MIL is in town during bad weather, otherwise an ash shovel and a bucket of sand works fine around the parking area. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wish I had a pic of the Cub Cadet hooked to the stuck UPS truck. Was enough to get him onto the area I hit with the blower. What a sight it may have been, strapped to the top of the weight bracket on back, chained up, had enough traction to lift the front tires, blower and all. 😎

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...