Jump to content

I will probably get kicked off of the forum for this…


vtfireman85

Recommended Posts

The charts and graphs guy said that you can only safely pull 1-1/2 times your tractor weight. But then again, he pulls a square baler that the plunger is probably 3x’s that. 
You might be put on probation for a while, Seth!!

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get er done.  Usually I'm not that lucky for something like thst to work.  Looks like a mum pan (pot) bit the dust.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

 

Plowing snow with Schlitz there Seth😏   😄

 

768795CE-7A0A-43D0-AE8A-A0A990A8B56B.jpeg

Looks like he might have run over that poor lil mink! Or was trying? 🤔

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I pulled a 9,000lb load with a 3500lb compact tractor 😱

fire away! 

B12C38B1-91E2-47D8-AB23-8E3AF871B941.jpeg

I can't tell from this far away, but your a$$ looks big.😁

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, cobfly said:

I can't tell from this far away, but your a$$ looks big.😁

That’s my dad, he's stout but then jacket adds 100 lbs. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not ashamed of needing towed out, this driveway becomes an ice sheet and has a double fall line, when i pushed into the pile it slid sideways, any maneuvers to get out kept sliding down farther. 
anyone who has ever plowed snow and hasn’t had this happen hasn’t plowed snow. 
what separates good drivers from bad is knowing when to stop and not break something. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hillman said:

OK, I would like to pass a motion that anyone pulling Chevys and balers with lawn mowers be removed from Red Power Forum.

 

 Do we have a seconder??

Not a Chevy, guess I am safe

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Im not ashamed of needing towed out, this driveway becomes an ice sheet and has a double fall line, when i pushed into the pile it slid sideways, any maneuvers to get out kept sliding down farther. 
anyone who has ever plowed snow and hasn’t had this happen hasn’t plowed snow. 
what separates good drivers from bad is knowing when to stop and not break something. 

X2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Takn4aFool said:

let me see how this works....you put tractor in gear, jump off and run to the truck , throw it in gear and start clawing your way out

Guy that did excavating at the barn once got his mack stuck. He was alone and hooked up the D6 put it in low with the tracks just pawing at the ground, walked to the truck and drove it out, locked up the maxis , got on the dozer and backed up to unhook the chain. Milk truck driver told me about this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bitty said:

Guy that did excavating at the barn once got his mack stuck. He was alone and hooked up the D6 put it in low with the tracks just pawing at the ground, walked to the truck and drove it out, locked up the maxis , got on the dozer and backed up to unhook the chain. Milk truck driver told me about this 

This used to be the norm for northern oilfield trucking, drive the truck until stuck unload Cat and drag it all out until you could reload, repeat as necessary, getting back out without the Cat was sometimes the bigger challenge 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...