Jump to content

What ya working on?


billonthefarm

Recommended Posts

I've been working on corn shelling. Sent 3 loads since yesterday. Put a half day in yesterday in the 2388 and I have 15 gravity wagons and two grain carts full in the barn now. Today I only filled both carts twice. One 2206 corn head snapped the driveshaft at the slip clutch to the left side of the aluminum gearbox so I switched to the other one on the 2377 . I quit tonight after the second cart was full again as I heard a tiny clicking after shutting down the rotor.....left front tire working loose ..... 😕 hopefully I caught it in time.

 

Wet corn , some poor stands, elevators are bouncing around full every day ..... Really hoping to get some storage and a dryer for next year 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Do you do catering? 😁

Well my wife n i did these too its a different frosting cant think of the name of it but it flows like floor leveling compound and i use a toothpick to do fine details 

20201126_134808.jpg

20201126_141443.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

Well my wife n i did these too its a different frosting cant think of the name of it but it flows like floor leveling compound and i use a toothpick to do fine details 

20201126_134808.jpg

20201126_141443.jpg

Glad to see NO Taylor cookie with Travis. 😀 or did you intentionally leave her in the oven?

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

Well my wife n i did these too its a different frosting cant think of the name of it but it flows like floor leveling compound and i use a toothpick to do fine details 

20201126_134808.jpg

20201126_141443.jpg

In all seriousness,  nice job Robert!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made the travis cookie for my sis and logo for BIL im not a kelce fan he lost me when he started doing vax commercials - im not much of a sports fan i think its ridiculous the whole thing and the $$ and weve all took the bait 

11 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Glad to see NO Taylor cookie with Travis. 😀 or did you intentionally leave her in the oven?

 

8 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

In all seriousness,  nice job Robert!

I like doing stuff with kids n wife making memories i can be a poop about cmas and a lotta other things i dont agree with but im trying to change and not be a joy stealer - ima work in progress and age doesnt help turing into a grumpy ole fart 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starter insanity! Took the working starter out of the NFE D-17, put in the WFE D-17, nothing. 13.2 volts to the starter, nothing. Put back in NFE, works just fine! Getting to the point I kind of wish I had never seen that #%**#@$ thing!

Worked on some other little things, like the post vice. Got it off the concrete block stand and in a building. Probably going to be fun getting the screw loose from the nut!! Put a muffler and rain-cap on the 400. Inventoried plows. Any guesses how many are here now?

Edit; The post vise is 7", really hope I can get it workable! Would have sworn I took a pic after removing it from the post?

IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2023 at 3:38 PM, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I took this Timken bearing out of a combine today. I put it in maybe three years ago. It was made in Turkey and is apparently junk like everything else you can buy now. I took the original bearing out of this machine that lasted 15 years. Now they last two or three. They are nothing more than an expensive, low quality fire hazard. 
 

IMG_0470.thumb.jpeg.208c886fbc163cc27cf0d281196f6423.jpeg

The metal quality is not there anymore and they put little to no grease in it.  I work at a truck shop, and I pop the pilot bearing seal out on new bearings to add grease when doing a clutch job.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, melvinapple said:

I see you have some focus juice with you

I ran the old Soil Saver till I got rained out at 2 am last night, long easy rows and right at home farm so didn't have to take any equipment on the road.  It was a good spot for having some motivation cans, after spending the rest of the day getting in and out of start holes and excavator and tile plow tractor.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farmall C  ,working on the Delco generator three brushes with the cut out. 
Didn't charge. Don’t know how long it’s been that way .Put a new 4 position  switch in control box , rewired for lights ,lights work , still no charge. 
I tried to motor test on  generator, nothing , maybe didn’t it grounded .

Any way took it apart , did three test on the armature. All passed . 
I bought a kit going to change bearings and brushes anyway , sand paper the commutator cleaner .

Put back to gether  next week and try it again .I m restricting to 35 pounds for awhile .So no hurry we’ll get it. 
Say if any one knows how to bench motor testing the 3 brush  generator, post me the steps  please. And and generators tips thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2023 at 3:14 PM, DT Fan said:

Starter insanity! Took the working starter out of the NFE D-17, put in the WFE D-17, nothing. 13.2 volts to the starter, nothing. Put back in NFE, works just fine! Getting to the point I kind of wish I had never seen that #%**#@$ thing!

Worked on some other little things, like the post vice. Got it off the concrete block stand and in a building. Probably going to be fun getting the screw loose from the nut!! Put a muffler and rain-cap on the 400. Inventoried plows. Any guesses how many are here now?

Edit; The post vise is 7", really hope I can get it workable! Would have sworn I took a pic after removing it from the post?

IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

More starter work on the D17 and I think that screw loose will be there😁

Bakers dozen on the plows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a the rest of the wood out of my project wagon and cut the carriage bolts off with a cut-off disc on the 4" grinder. Started digging  out some sheet steel I got from a former job when we were still allowed to buy scrap. It's been there longer than I realized. Part of it has been swallowed up by a maple tree. 🤦‍♂️ started snowing/raining, so I switched projects and worked on getting the cub ready for snow blowing duty. Did a few things to it I had been putting off and then about dark tried mounting one of the snowblowers I bought in a package deal last year. This one I haven't used yet. It wasn't cooperating, so I called a halt till tomorrow. No pics. I forgot. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More dozer follies.

Pic#1 is where the angle cylinder is supposed to be. How they did this I have no idea.                                                                Pic #2 is pulling the inner frame back as close as possible to straight.                                                                                           Pic#3 cutting out the outer frame, took it back to the shop to use the press to straighten.                                                         Pic#4 is lining it up to weld.                                                                                                                                                                  Pic#5 finished. 

Dozer also has a cracked swivel ball mount. I told them when they got it back together and operating I would fix that as I have to angle and swivel the blade to get to the ball. 

c frame1.JPG

c frame 2.JPG

c frame 3.JPG

c frame 4.JPG

c frame 5.JPG

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Venison for '24! We've had a little success reducing the deer herd, boning out this week. Not sure when we will do the final processing. @iowaboy1965 I'll let you know when. If we have enough, might even do a batch of canned meat!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit of down time for me, projects have begun. This truck lost an inner axle a cple years ago, swapped rear axles, but gears no longer matched, had a new set in the shop for the front axle for years, so it's time to get her done. I will see if I can find the pic when it lost the inner. IMG_20240103_113202089_HDR.thumb.jpg.723b55aa8a41641bc49b7e719748dbd0.jpg

IMG_20240103_162624285_HDR.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

A bit of down time for me, projects have begun. This truck lost an inner axle a cple years ago, swapped rear axles, but gears no longer matched, had a new set in the shop for the front axle for years, so it's time to get her done. I will see if I can find the pic when it lost the inner. IMG_20240103_113202089_HDR.thumb.jpg.723b55aa8a41641bc49b7e719748dbd0.jpg

IMG_20240103_162624285_HDR.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

What is the rest of the story on that truck?  Dually rear added or a 4wd conversion at some point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...