What ya working on?

billonthefarm

I've been working on corn shelling. Sent 3 loads since yesterday. Put a half day in yesterday in the 2388 and I have 15 gravity wagons and two grain carts full in the barn now. Today I only filled both carts twice. One 2206 corn head snapped the driveshaft at the slip clutch to the left side of the aluminum gearbox so I switched to the other one on the 2377 . I quit tonight after the second cart was full again as I heard a tiny clicking after shutting down the rotor.....left front tire working loose ..... 😕 hopefully I caught it in time.

Wet corn , some poor stands, elevators are bouncing around full every day ..... Really hoping to get some storage and a dryer for next year 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Do you do catering? 😁

Well my wife n i did these too its a different frosting cant think of the name of it but it flows like floor leveling compound and i use a toothpick to do fine details 

20201126_134808.jpg

20201126_141443.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

Well my wife n i did these too its a different frosting cant think of the name of it but it flows like floor leveling compound and i use a toothpick to do fine details 

20201126_134808.jpg

20201126_141443.jpg

Glad to see NO Taylor cookie with Travis. 😀 or did you intentionally leave her in the oven?

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

20201126_134808.jpg

20201126_141443.jpg

In all seriousness,  nice job Robert!

I made the travis cookie for my sis and logo for BIL im not a kelce fan he lost me when he started doing vax commercials - im not much of a sports fan i think its ridiculous the whole thing and the $$ and weve all took the bait 

11 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Glad to see NO Taylor cookie with Travis. 😀 or did you intentionally leave her in the oven?

8 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

In all seriousness,  nice job Robert!

I like doing stuff with kids n wife making memories i can be a poop about cmas and a lotta other things i dont agree with but im trying to change and not be a joy stealer - ima work in progress and age doesnt help turing into a grumpy ole fart 

• Like 1

Starter insanity! Took the working starter out of the NFE D-17, put in the WFE D-17, nothing. 13.2 volts to the starter, nothing. Put back in NFE, works just fine! Getting to the point I kind of wish I had never seen that #%**#@$ thing!

Worked on some other little things, like the post vice. Got it off the concrete block stand and in a building. Probably going to be fun getting the screw loose from the nut!! Put a muffler and rain-cap on the 400. Inventoried plows. Any guesses how many are here now?

Edit; The post vise is 7", really hope I can get it workable! Would have sworn I took a pic after removing it from the post?

IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/13/2023 at 3:38 PM, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I took this Timken bearing out of a combine today. I put it in maybe three years ago. It was made in Turkey and is apparently junk like everything else you can buy now. I took the original bearing out of this machine that lasted 15 years. Now they last two or three. They are nothing more than an expensive, low quality fire hazard. 

IMG_0470.thumb.jpeg.208c886fbc163cc27cf0d281196f6423.jpeg

The metal quality is not there anymore and they put little to no grease in it.  I work at a truck shop, and I pop the pilot bearing seal out on new bearings to add grease when doing a clutch job.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, melvinapple said:

I see you have some focus juice with you

I ran the old Soil Saver till I got rained out at 2 am last night, long easy rows and right at home farm so didn't have to take any equipment on the road.  It was a good spot for having some motivation cans, after spending the rest of the day getting in and out of start holes and excavator and tile plow tractor.

• Like 6

Farmall C  ,working on the Delco generator three brushes with the cut out. 
Didn't charge. Don’t know how long it’s been that way .Put a new 4 position  switch in control box , rewired for lights ,lights work , still no charge. 
I tried to motor test on  generator, nothing , maybe didn’t it grounded .

Any way took it apart , did three test on the armature. All passed . 
I bought a kit going to change bearings and brushes anyway , sand paper the commutator cleaner .

Put back to gether  next week and try it again .I m restricting to 35 pounds for awhile .So no hurry we’ll get it. 
Say if any one knows how to bench motor testing the 3 brush  generator, post me the steps  please. And and generators tips thank you 

On 12/16/2023 at 3:14 PM, DT Fan said:

Starter insanity! Took the working starter out of the NFE D-17, put in the WFE D-17, nothing. 13.2 volts to the starter, nothing. Put back in NFE, works just fine! Getting to the point I kind of wish I had never seen that #%**#@$ thing!

Worked on some other little things, like the post vice. Got it off the concrete block stand and in a building. Probably going to be fun getting the screw loose from the nut!! Put a muffler and rain-cap on the 400. Inventoried plows. Any guesses how many are here now?

Edit; The post vise is 7", really hope I can get it workable! Would have sworn I took a pic after removing it from the post?

IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2792.jpeg

More starter work on the D17 and I think that screw loose will be there😁

Bakers dozen on the plows?

Got a the rest of the wood out of my project wagon and cut the carriage bolts off with a cut-off disc on the 4" grinder. Started digging  out some sheet steel I got from a former job when we were still allowed to buy scrap. It's been there longer than I realized. Part of it has been swallowed up by a maple tree. 🤦‍♂️ started snowing/raining, so I switched projects and worked on getting the cub ready for snow blowing duty. Did a few things to it I had been putting off and then about dark tried mounting one of the snowblowers I bought in a package deal last year. This one I haven't used yet. It wasn't cooperating, so I called a halt till tomorrow. No pics. I forgot. 

• Like 2

More dozer follies.

Pic#1 is where the angle cylinder is supposed to be. How they did this I have no idea.                                                                Pic #2 is pulling the inner frame back as close as possible to straight.                                                                                           Pic#3 cutting out the outer frame, took it back to the shop to use the press to straighten.                                                         Pic#4 is lining it up to weld.                                                                                                                                                                  Pic#5 finished. 

Dozer also has a cracked swivel ball mount. I told them when they got it back together and operating I would fix that as I have to angle and swivel the blade to get to the ball. 

c frame1.JPG

c frame 2.JPG

c frame 3.JPG

c frame 4.JPG

c frame 5.JPG

• Like 9

Venison for '24! We've had a little success reducing the deer herd, boning out this week. Not sure when we will do the final processing. @iowaboy1965 I'll let you know when. If we have enough, might even do a batch of canned meat!

• Like 4

A bit of down time for me, projects have begun. This truck lost an inner axle a cple years ago, swapped rear axles, but gears no longer matched, had a new set in the shop for the front axle for years, so it's time to get her done. I will see if I can find the pic when it lost the inner. IMG_20240103_113202089_HDR.thumb.jpg.723b55aa8a41641bc49b7e719748dbd0.jpg

IMG_20240103_162624285_HDR.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

A bit of down time for me, projects have begun. This truck lost an inner axle a cple years ago, swapped rear axles, but gears no longer matched, had a new set in the shop for the front axle for years, so it's time to get her done. I will see if I can find the pic when it lost the inner. IMG_20240103_113202089_HDR.thumb.jpg.723b55aa8a41641bc49b7e719748dbd0.jpg

IMG_20240103_162624285_HDR.jpg

IMG_6163.jpg

What is the rest of the story on that truck?  Dually rear added or a 4wd conversion at some point?