Tractor of the week. Week 1: 140

nepoweshiekfarmalls

Must be good tractors.  The neighboring Hutterite colony I fraternize with the most is solid JD.  That is except they have two 140s for the garden.  The garden is the women’s domain on the colony and since they are not allowed to drive vehicles, they drive these tractors all over ****.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can show one. When we moved and needed a mower down here I bought one to save hauling the lawnmower back and forth.

After while I realized I could mow half a step faster in reverse then first so I mowed a fair amount of the large areas going backwards.

It was a really good running, tight, low wear tractor but once we were down here I didn't use it for really anything and I sold it. 20180711_184342.thumb.jpg.4892a26a97ac4927910eaa355ff5a8ac.jpg

• Like 3

The 140 has one of the longest production runs in IH history from 1958 to 1979.  66,290 tractors built.  The last of the design dating back to the Farmall A, the 140 has the same style rock shaft hydraulic lift as the Farmall C.  The PTO is the same as the A, B, and C tractors.  Available with and without the belt pulley. The 140 was built in the Louisville plant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrfred54 said:

Great idea, I like it.  3rd. pic with gold demonstrater in the background is cool. Looks like 826. 

That photo was taken last August at the mid Iowa antique power show at Marshalltown,  Iowa.   The 826 gold demo belongs to a good friend of mine.  Our 826's are exactly 100 serial numbers apart!  Did you notice his mini gold demo 826 made from a cub cadet parked next to it?

4 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

That photo was taken last August at the mid Iowa antique power show at Marshalltown,  Iowa.   The 826 gold demo belongs to a good friend of mine.  Our 826's are exactly 100 serial numbers apart!  Did you notice his mini gold demo 826 made from a cub cadet parked next to it?

I do now. VERY NICE. Thanks

1 hour ago, TN Hillbilly said:

Sold it to someone on here, IIRC?

29 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Sledge bought it from MTO, but I forget who he sold it to. 

Sold it locally. Great machine but I only used it to garden with. Original plan was using the 4’ Disc mower on it. My roadsides were right for that.  
Once I got my 686 I also had larger equipment to use with it. That 140 had more guts than any tractor I have ever seen size wise.  Tractor Data says 21hp at drawbar. That one thought it had 40hp. It might run out of traction but the wheels just kept spinning no matter what. Great machine for its size hands down. 

50 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

When you get to the 544, you and Todd will be able to share pics of the same tractor!!!

Photobucket is holding all mine ransom since they started charging for hosting pics. Used to be totally free. Now they won’t let me see them without paying…..

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Photobucket is holding all mine ransom since they started charging for hosting pics. Used to be totally free. Now they won’t let me see them without paying…..

I can share the ones you sent me. 😎