Single Cylinder Tractors!

U-C

Thought to start a new thread about single cylindered powered tractors after all lots of makes made them in the past from IHC, Case and etc. going to include steam tractors here too 

• Like 2

• U-C changed the title to Single Cylinder Tractors!

first Hurlimann model 1K8 from 1929

484138208_Hrlimann-.jpg.28dd5ea736786fec6c4a8b0205889826.jpg

the prototype had steel front wheels but the production had rubber air tires in front but had steel wheels at the back but with rubber lugs

Hurlimann was also the first to patent the side pully ya see in the pic that would power the sickle bar mower, most companies copied this idea.

I'd give an extra organ for one of these:

Missed out on one locally around 25 years ago. Thought $2500 for a non running complete tractor.... with 6' side mount mower, was outrageous. Still kicking myself!!!!

Mike

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Big Bud guy said:

This is one of my favorites.  

X2! A FM tractor & a diesel switching locomotive would make my millennium!

Mike

16 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

I'd give an extra organ for one of these:

Missed out on one locally around 25 years ago. Thought $2500 for a non running complete tractor.... with 6' side mount mower, was outrageous. Still kicking myself!!!!

Mike

them Porsche tractors had a oil cushioned clutch I think similar what Case had in there tractors. Maybe ya might get lucky and find another one of em. 

Just now, vtfireman85 said:

I like the Stihl and the Porsche particularly!  

Stihl made a few thousands of them tractors but sadly weren't as successful as the founder Andreas Stihl had hoped. In the late 1950s the Stihl tractors where avaible in Orange and the chainsaws where in red, interesting thing is about 10 or 20 years later the chainsaws got the same Orange paint as the tractor had before!