Are 1468 really worth 50G?

redturbo

10 hours ago, redturbo said:

4ED61B31-88D3-4667-B6ED-95A8B77A33D8.jpeg

60F4AAD4-2339-4871-B4C7-3BA918C069B4.jpeg

Yes, the double “1468” numbers on both sides is bizarre. I’ve never been around a 1468 or 1568 without mufflers. I wouldn’t think that it would sound very good? …Turbos might help, but naturally aspirated? 

1 hour ago, drglinski said:

Find something this awesome in 2022.  Let's see what is made in 2022 will still be around in 2070.   

I was always surprised that the 14/1568 actually made it to be a production tractor. That had to be awesome to see brand new back then. They just don’t make stuff like that very often. I was always fascinated with the Allis 8550 & 4W305 with their twin turbo and twin stack set up. 

• Like 1

That’s a toy,  price is reflective of how much people have to spend on toys.  Not worth it as a tool at all.  1586 could be had for 20% of the price and be used to feed your family.

if you got it spend it though,  lord knows if I had the jack I’d be buying toys too!!  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I was always surprised that the 14/1568 actually made it to be a production tractor. That had to be awesome to see brand new back then. They just don’t make stuff like that very often. I was always fascinated with the Allis 8550 & 4W305 with their twin turbo and twin stack set up. 

The 14/1568 IMO just shows the brand power of IH.  Both Oliver/White and Massey used V8s before and after IH and made more of them.  Yet none of them have a following like IH does.  I believe the Massey 1150 inspires the 14/1568.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, redturbo said:

Are 1468 really worth 50G

the answer is a full hard NO! IF a guy wants a good tractor he ain't looking at one of them They are a collectable novelty...a want not a need IMHO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Why not? Everyone brags about how “awesome” the prices are on a green and yellow 4440 piece of scrap iron. 

as a tractor they are not worth it but it is nice to see them as a collectable go for stupid money. IMHO the inline 6 diesel is superior in everyway

• Like 1