IH literature from 1984 85

dale560

Not to take over the other thread but I have at least 1000 or more pieces of literature from a international dealer close out in 1986. The buyers guide catalogue is caseih but have many pieces of ih and truck plus versatile dealer brochures. Where is best place to sell these? I would like to liquidate but am not going to firesale them away. What’s best idea eBay listing, maybe a red power magazine add or get an online auction company and sell them all in lots? What do you guys think. At 10 dolllars apiece it is 10,000 and some would truly bring more than 10. Thanks in advance for ideas.   Dale

If you have the time and don't need the 10k asap ebay with individual listings.  Auction you just don't know.

Or an add in red power for the entire lot.  Only the hard core collector could drop that kind of money in one shot.

58 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Not to take over the other thread but I have at least 1000 or more pieces of literature from a international dealer close out in 1986. The buyers guide catalogue is caseih but have many pieces of ih and truck plus versatile dealer brochures. Where is best place to sell these? I would like to liquidate but am not going to firesale them away. What’s best idea eBay listing, maybe a red power magazine add or get an online auction company and sell them all in lots? What do you guys think. At 10 dolllars apiece it is 10,000 and some would truly bring more than 10. Thanks in advance for ideas.   Dale

I buy most stuff such as literature off of eBay.  If you have time having a lot at the next Red Power event would maximize exposure.  A thousand at once might be too much to handle so if time is not critical then maybe market 100 at a time.  

Fleabay is good but demand is variable. Buyers guides are popular but certain years much more than others. Tractor brochures are usually popular. Implements move slow.

Search on fleabay for your item. Then filter for sold items. That's how I do my research.

I'm interested in a few things if you're interested in selling. PM me.

1 hour ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I remembered you asking here about them two or three years ago. eBay may be your best bet. 

Yes and I still have a couple pieces I was going to send to you and ace. I just have kind of forgotten about them. I just am at the age I want to move to other things

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

I wouldn't want the aggrivation of going to the post office 1000 times...   ask a local online auction how much they would charge. 

So by the time comission is out you giving it to the auction company. 

Lets be realistic unless its extremely rare item. Its not going for huge amount of money. And its a limited pool of buyers that are going to be interested in items. ( im one admitedly).

19 hours ago, dale560 said:

. I just am at the age I want to move to other things

😲 I didn't get that memo😀

Are you on Face plant? I said I would never join up but that's where everything is these days. There's some very  good free auction groups on there and the items sell for good money. There is still lots of interest in literature 

31 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

If you have any toy shows near you, there’s usually several vendors that sell literature. You may be able to get with one of them to sell it as a package deal 

I have done this before and it is definitely easy, no messing with shipping. But it’s not the most profitable, these vendors want to resell it and make a profit themselves. 

Just now, IH Forever said:

I have done this before and it is definitely easy, no messing with shipping. But it’s not the most profitable, these vendors want to resell it and make a profit themselves. 

Don’t have the hassle of dealing with multiple people, as in, 500-1000. Just dealing with 1-2 would be worth taking less for the lot. IMHO

16 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

Don’t have the hassle of dealing with multiple people, as in, 500-1000. Just dealing with 1-2 would be worth taking less for the lot. IMHO

Possibly true. My experience just hasn’t been that good. They only want the rarest or most popular pieces for a fraction of the value and then leave you with everything else.

• Like 1

The Free IH auction group on Facebook. 20,000+members. Stuff brings good money. 

• Like 1

Follow those who've figured it out in the past. That is, people who sell lots of rarities sell them one at a time, they don't tell the world how many they have (Heck they don't even say they have more than one), and they go big on drumming up presale interest.

I'd consign at one of the big literature auctions. I don't remember who hosts them but if you do some digging on the web, you'll find them. If I remember correctly, there's one in the spring that I've gotten cool stuff from.

Or there's eBay, but you risk one person seeing it and one person getting it for much less than they *would have* paid.