This can't be for real.

hobbyfarm

there's another downside to the Dutch farmers being  offered " well over" the worth of their farm - They have driven the price of land sky high here when they bring their fortune over from their little farm in Holland,

increasingly harder for young Canadians to compete

• Thanks 1

They've already figured out how they're going to solve their climate problems in merry old England:

Oxfordshire County Council Pass Climate Lockdown ‘trial’ to Begin in 2024

Oxfordshire County Council yesterday approved plans to lock residents into one of six zones to ‘save the planet’ from global warming. The latest stage in the ’15 minute city’ agenda is to place electronic gates on key roads in and out of the city, confining residents to their own neighbourhoods.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/04/oxfordshire-council-to-trial-a-climate-lockdown-starting-2024/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

More figuring -

“No Joke, Climate Change Professionals Now Provide Goals and Individual Allowances for Transportation, Food, and Clothing
December 5, 2022 | Sundance | 152 Comments”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/12/05/no-joke-climate-change-professionals-now-provide-goals-and-individual-allowances-for-transportation-food-and-clothing/

Check your ration

Then compare

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C48394

11 hours ago, hillman said:

there's another downside to the Dutch farmers being  offered " well over" the worth of their farm - They have driven the price of land sky high here when they bring their fortune over from their little farm in Holland,

increasingly harder for young Canadians to compete

How expensive is land where you live? In Q1 2022, the average price for agricultural land was 7.16 euro per square meter in the Netherlands, or about 29000 euro per American acre. I reckon that you guys are not paying that much lol.

23 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

How expensive is land where you live? In Q1 2022, the average price for agricultural land was 7.16 euro per square meter in the Netherlands, or about 29000 euro per American acre. I reckon that you guys are not paying that much lol.

Cropland just set a new record in my county a few weeks ago at $30,000.  Euro and dollar are real close in value.  It had been selling for half that for quite a few years.

28 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

We would not be using any EVs 

Climate-Change-Goals-3.jpg

Or Eating meat funny they don't have a bug calculation 

Climate-Change-Goals-1.jpg

You are going to have to Facetime since you can't fly anywhere 

Climate-Change-Goals-4.jpg

I hope the world wakes up in time.....

3 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Jeepers Creepers! Where did you find that?   

I am worried. How can we stop the madness??

It's in the article Steve linked to above. Yes it is very scary and threat to all peoples inalienable rights as we view them. 

21 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Push back every chance you get.

And pray.  The big guy's on our side.

• Like 1

Here's another piece of the puzzle:

Gov. Pritzker Signs FOID Modernization Bill, Expanding Background Checks to All Gun Sales in Illinois

Press Release - Monday, August 02, 2021

https://www.illinois.gov/news/press-release.23654.html

17 minutes ago, Steve C. said:
29 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Push back every chance you get.

And pray.  The big guy's on our side.

He has got Justin on his side he will be all set 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Don't worry, the governments are here to help you...

You want to travel? Let me see your papers comrade...

Sorry, you weren't rationed meat today. Eat some beans for your protein ration...

The soylent green wafers are all you need for nutrition...

Your life crystal is blinking. It's time for you to go to Carrousel. Don't be a runner, the Sandmen will hunt you down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, acem said:

Don't worry, the governments are here to help you...

You want to travel? Let me see your papers comrade...

Sorry, you weren't rationed meat today. Eat some beans for your protein ration...

The soylent green wafers are all you need for nutrition...

Your life crystal is blinking. It's time for you to go to Carrousel. Don't be a runner, the Sandmen will hunt you down.

https://soylent.com/

10 hours ago, Farmall 1466 said:

I didn't know there is an American acre:blink: Your $29,000 an acre converts to $41,452.26 CAD at today's exchange rate. That pretty much is exactly what land is selling for in this area. $4 million for 100 acres and you and the wife won't be quitting your day jobs

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, hillman said:

I didn't know there is an American acre:blink: Your $29,000 an acre converts to $41,452.26 CAD at today's exchange rate. That pretty much is exactly what land is selling for in this area. $4 million for 100 acres and you and the wife won't be quitting your day jobs

Hilly, is that 4 mil for ag land? ALR land? Or construction land ( housing or warehouse)? What area are you in? Our housing prices are stoopid but I didn't realize mass land purchase was so high.

I had to check that this wasn't dated april 1st, it will/would be a bloody sad state of affairs if the people who voted these morons in didn't stand up and say we didn't vote for a fascist/communistic council to absolutely eradicate our rights, these deep green duckheads can push and vote whatever they want, but the people have to accept it, if they put up electric gates to stop traffic there and it is accepted that will make all the assinine covid mandates brought out by every stinking politician seem like childs play, the more power this scum votes in for itself  (any political base) the more WE have to fight it and if we don't we are ducking doomed, and that's what these idiots want, us to be slaves to a new wave, I say duck'em before they duck us, and getting out and vote and contacting our representatives and making waves is one answer, and making sure nobody gets ahold of our firearms, UK has been neutered this way as a lot of eu countries have, make sure we aren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Hilly, is that 4 mil for ag land? ALR land? Or construction land ( housing or warehouse)? What area are you in? Our housing prices are stoopid but I didn't realize mass land purchase was so high.

South Western Ontario- ag land is even more money in BC

residential properties have slowed a little but last year a 1 acre building lot in the rural areas were as much as $600,000

44 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acre

And in Oz slang - one per head of population

I am very familiar with what an acre is😐 but it's not specifically American - we are supposed to be metric in Canada but land is still measured in acres

The acre is a unit of land area used in the imperial and US customary systems

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hillman said:

South Western Ontario- ag land is even more money in BC

residential properties have slowed a little but last year a 1 acre building lot in the rural areas were as much as $600,000

I am very familiar with what an acre is😐 but it's not specifically American - we are supposed to be metric in Canada but land is still measured in acres

From that Wiki quote - 

"The acre is still a statutory measure in the United States. Both the international acre and the US survey acre are in use, but they differ by only four parts per million (see below)."

So the difference is "3/5ths of 5/8ths of SFA"

And on acres - I had to translate from an old map of the local area where areas are given in acres, roods and perches.

"Example from map

Block    Acres    Roods    Perches

XX        1275        1            23

Rood = 1/4 acre

Perch = 1/40 Rood

So Total area = 1275 + (1*0 .25) +((23/40)*0.25)  =  1275.3937 acres

Imagine calculating that long hand at night in a survey camp by the light of a carbide light at best

See what you missed out on? "

32 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

From that Wiki quote - 

"The acre is still a statutory measure in the United States. Both the international acre and the US survey acre are in use, but they differ by only four parts per million (see below)."

And on acres - I had to translate from an old map of the local area where areas are given in acres, roods and perches.

"Example from map

Rood = 1/4 acre

Perch = 1/40 Rood

Imagine calculating that long hand at night in a survey camp by the light of a carbide light at best

I am pretty good at judging the size of a field by eye- plus or minus 5% ............not too precise👁️

1 hour ago, hillman said:

I am pretty good at judging the size of a field by eye- plus or minus 5% ............not too precise👁️

I had a buddy who worked for bc tel who has that eye, we go hunting and take measure for sight in and I'm so far off its nutz, he looks it out and I use my yard-pro and he is almost bang on.

2 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

From that Wiki quote - 

"Example from map

Rood = 1/4 acre

Perch = 1/40 Rood

I sometimes think how brutal surveying this land must have been and after all that day work, some guzintas by the firelight

• Like 2