Enjoying the little things in life

acem

I was putting my pickup back together and it was starting to get dark. I was irritated because it gets dark so early.

I looked west to see how much time I had left and saw this sunset. 

Sometimes I get in too much of a hurry...

PXL_20221128_231958847.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I was in a hurry the other day, my son was down the bottom, cutting logs and hooking up so I wouldn't have to get up and down off the M. It was getting late but still sunny. As I was making another pull up the hill, I actively listened to the smooth, deep power of the M. I appreciated the quietness of the transmission. Even though it looks like crap, I was just really appreciating how lucky I am just to have equipment like this. Other places in the world use horses, or carry stuff in baskets or wheelbarrows. I will be rebuilding the engine this winter, and I really don't have to. I'm fortunate. Sometimes I don't appreciate things, but I sure did on Saturday.

• Like 4

I stopped in at a former employer today, local hometown owned building supply store,  shooting the bull with the guys. Said I switched from third shift to day shift and “I love sleeping at night but hate getting home at this time of day. “ 

I really miss having all day to do things around the farm and I always feel I’m in a rush to get out of work and get home but I was wrong all those years I said sleep is overrated! 

• Like 1

I used to like (sort of) to work afternoon shift. If I went right to bed after work I could get up a decent time of day get stuff around home done while I was still fresh and it was daylight out. Of course sometimes I went to work pretty tired but that was ok. 

Sometimes tempted to go to afternoons again but the shift now starts at 2.30 and I have trouble getting right to bed anymore so it doesn't work near as well as it used to. And wife hated it which I understand. 

• Like 1