Steve C.

All's I know is if I was put behind the steering wheel of that grasshopper legged thing.

The HPF would not allow a single greased bb to slip past.

Until that point when they all left, all at the same time

😬. 😳. 😲.      💩

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

and responded to a warranty call by a customer who didn't understand that you had to cut the hay before you tried to bail it.

You would think the guy would at breeze through the operators manual first or maybe watch an instructional video   

Fine example of more money than brains just hire some one it's certainly cheaper than buying a rig to bail with.

Must be inherited money with that level of stupidity they certainly are not making their own money 

7 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Looks to me like as long as the self-leveling system works, it's pretty much like operating a combine on flat level ground.

I imagine the leveling system works pretty well, but watching that operator make some of those turns makes me think a sudden move in the wrong direction could upset things mightily.

36 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

I imagine the leveling system works pretty well, but watching that operator make some of those turns makes me think a sudden move in the wrong direction could upset things mightily.

That is why we started the leveling action before you started turn. When not pre leveling, I have gotten around the turn and oil was hot and would not bring the low side up.

The Gleaner MH2's I ran the most had mercury switches. They where glass boards with channel etched in the glass. Mercury rolls down hill and make contact and hydro/electric switch starts hydraulics in action. But the mercury gets dirty after millions of cycles and takes longer to react.

John Deere used a liquid chamber filled with anti freeze. Never had one of those apart. I believe IH used a pendulum in a liquid filled chamber. Used oil if I remember and lighter viscosity oil reacted faster. 

6 minutes ago, ray54 said:

That is why we started the leveling action before you started turn. When not pre leveling, I have gotten around the turn and oil was hot and would not bring the low side up.

The Gleaner MH2's I ran the most had mercury switches. They where glass boards with channel etched in the glass. Mercury rolls down hill and make contact and hydro/electric switch starts hydraulics in action. But the mercury gets dirty after millions of cycles and takes longer to react.

John Deere used a liquid chamber filled with anti freeze. Never had one of those apart. I believe IH used a pendulum in a liquid filled chamber. Used oil if I remember and lighter viscosity oil reacted faster. 

The pendulum system was used on the 151, 403, and 453 hillside combines both 2 way and 4 way leveling. When IH produced the 1470 1670 machines they were only 2 way leveling and used a mercury board system..Hillco from Nezperce, ID built a complete box to replace the mercury system, I believe they used some gyro's to determine the leveling. The 1470 that I run has the Hillco system. It does seem to work a little better than the mercury board did. The 1470 has two leveling speeds depending on how far off level you are. As you get close to level it goes to slow speed. The thing with hillside operations is to not get into a big hurry when turning so the leveling can keep up.

• Like 1