A nice day to be outside working.

Mudfly

Late November in Northern Mn and it was sunny and nearly 50 degrees today.  Beautiful day to be out.  
I didn’t get quite as much done as I wanted to as this was mostly elm so it didn’t split worth a darn. I figure more than a third but less than half a cord.

Still felt good to be out in the sun and get a sweat going.

BC96A854-197D-4115-BE8F-CE262A0B1E69.thumb.jpeg.ac456c3f2f15b829dfc418100f2b9fc1.jpeg

I’ve gone to blocking splitting and stacking right in the woods.  Let it dry over the winter and pick it up the next summer.  That way I just use the 4 wheeler most of the time instead of firing up a tractor all the time.  So there are stacks like this all over the place.  Just need to remember where they all are.

• Like 11

Was pretty nice here too. Worked on several projects around home and at moms. Shored up her mailbox with a couple steel posts drove into the ground. Next year looks like I'm digging post holes along the road.....

Got her a small supply of wood inside for her wood stove should she want it.

Worked on mounting a new to me snowblower on one of the cubs and replacing firebrick in my fireplace. 

Still need to get the hood panels and grill back on the 1862, never seem to get to it somehow. And I'm close on the fireplace but have to make a few adjustments yet.

20221126_102302.jpg

20221126_083246.jpg

20221126_083235.jpg

• Like 5