Reman Allison trans

KyIH

We have used 8 valley truck and 1 or 2 from weller.  Have had no problems with either.  We have not used a transaxle one in probably 15 plus years.  Our kenworth dealer sold the valley ones. The parts guy there was very good which was probably the reason why we bought so many from them.  

It’s going in a IH 4700 box truck. Low gear shouldn’t be an issue. I bought it with a bad at545 and converted it to a 643. I bought a used 643 that didn’t last long at all. This time around I’m going with a reman and replace the radiator/trans cooler. Thanks paystar for the info. I was leaning towards valley.

5 hours ago, KyIH said:

It’s going in a IH 4700 box truck. Low gear shouldn’t be an issue. I bought it with a bad at545 and converted it to a 643. I bought a used 643 that didn’t last long at all. This time around I’m going with a reman and replace the radiator/trans cooler. Thanks paystar for the info. I was leaning towards valley.

Cooler and hose cleaning is important.  The last few pickup transmissions we have put in require radiator/ cooler (Chevy)  replacement to get the warranty.  If it had big time catastrophic failure replace the hoses.