Thanksgiving day was good.

Finney

On Oct. 7 our son who works for us was injured when his truck fell on him while he was repairing a leaking fitting on the air bags. He was able to get his phone and called. momma and I set a new speed record getting to him. He was taken to the Med center then flown to Vanderbilt. Seven cracked ribs in his back and six cracked vertebra and spleen was bleeding. He stayed 4 days and was released. No lifting over 10lbs. he went home would not come here. Momma cooked breakfast for him every day and friends brought him dinner and supper. I went to feed his cows but the guy who runs the feedlot we work for fed for him every day until he was able to get around.                                                                                                              I contacted everyone we had projects going on for and explained what happened, every last one of them said no problem even though I knew some of them were in a bind to get them finished the projects affected their living.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         A girl who has been a helper on the pipeline for the last 6 years called my wife on Wednesday after the accident and said her job was ending that day and she was heading home and would be here Friday to work until our son was better. Her father who was sons welder foreman and used to work for me and her brother and uncle came by every evening to help. The Dairy who we do a lot of work for offered to send 2 of his hands for a week to help out even though I know he is short handed. The guy who owns the diesel shop we do a lot of work for offered to come and get his truck and fix it. The guy who owns the factories we work for called and said I can send people, money or what ever you need.                                                         In about 2 weeks he was able to come back to the shop and work from a chair at the tables. For the last couple of weeks he is getting around better and his helper (she) watches over him not letting him do something stupid. Momma has decided she will be here as long as she wants to.                                                                                                                                                 As some of you know we lost our youngest son to cancer when he was 2-1/2 years old in 1992 and you can imagine how momma took this. Friends of hers called and texted ever day numerous times and that really helped.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            So yes there are still a lot of good people in this world, they go about doing their jobs every day but when the need arises they step up to the task and then disappear back to their world as if nothing happened. They don't do it for the notoriety or chest thumping, they do it because they think its the right thing to do.                                                                                            Both sons and family were here for supper yesterday, made us very happy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear he's doing good. And to hear about how some people step up to help others out when needed is always a real good feeling. That is something we don't hear alot of now a days. So good to hear and glad y'all had a good thanksgiving together.

• Like 5

Sounds like you have a lot of good people in your life.  Glad your boy's doing well.  He must be enduring a lot of pain.  I've never broken a rib, let alone seven.

It's easy to overlook how much we have to be thankful for.

• Like 5

Glad to hear your son is on the mend.

We tend to focus so much on the bad that is screaming at us today but all around us is good people doing the Lord's work. 

Hopes and prayers for continued recovery. 

• Like 6

Sorry to hear of the accident but happy to hear of the good people around you. The world needs more of that and stories like it to remind us all how good we have it despite the negative worldly happenings reported around us.  Here’s hoping your son continues to improve rapidly and has zero lingering issues. Thanks For sharing. 

Wow, that is quite a story Finney. So glad he is making a recovery and that everything turned out alright. Good people around you for sure, but it speaks more to you and your son than to them. That many People don’t step up to help that much for people who don’t really make an impact. 

• Like 1