656-400 wide fronts??

cwinn

So I see all these tough looking Super M's ,400,450's at Red power with bigger size wide front ends on em. I have a nice wide front off a 656 hydro cabbage picker that's brand new. I'd like to put it on my 400 project. Can it be done with just a shim in rear between rails and by acquiring the piece that hooks to the tierods from bolster ?? Or am I all wrong?? Pic from Red power 

20220624_092523.jpg

20220624_092516.jpg

Bolt on the steering arm and front pivot support and then the yoke is going to be self explanatory....I think 🤔

8 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

We put spacers under the rear cradle on a tractor once. I don’t recall which tractor or wide front it was anymore. I’d rather space the rear cradle than the main axle support.

I thought it looked like that's all it took. But wanted to check. Thanks alot you guys,this front end has laid here for 20 years mite as well beef up the 400

• Like 2