Decent looking restored 1975 International 1566 open station

Hydro70

Always liked a open station 1566 but Id have to throw a 5 inch wide and four foot tall chrome pipe on it first thing if it was in my shed.  Everybody says ya cant never seem to find the right gear and I wonder could these folks ever find the right gear on a M or a H or many other tractors for that sake.  Couldnt pass this one up had to post the 1566 with no cab or roll bar

1975 IH Farmall 1566.webp

• Like 14

I ran a 1566 for quite a few years pulling an 8 row 800 cyclo planter. High 1 worked well for that job. When you really noticed the missing gear was when you were doing heavy pto work like pulling a chopper.

We have had 3 different 1566/86 here in the last 25 years and I never had issues with the "missing gear"  . First 1586 was TA delete from the factory even 

49 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

I would love to have a 1566! For me I don't think the missing gear would ever be an issue. Don't have nor will I likely ever have anything big enough to work a good 15 that hard.

When this family stuff all shakes out in a couple days we will selling one on a online auction next year sometime. 3600 hour actually a nice tight tractor, faded from being outside but it is a good one. Red cab no 3 pt though

39 minutes ago, dale560 said:

When this family stuff all shakes out in a couple days we will selling one on a online auction next year sometime. 3600 hour actually a nice tight tractor, faded from being outside but it is a good one. Red cab no 3 pt though

Dale, where are you located? We'll see how bad input costs are next year but I might have a little money to 'invest' by then?

4 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Dale, where are you located? We'll see how bad input costs are next year but I might have a little money to 'invest' by then?

600 miles north of you about. We have to get access to remove stuff. Dad passed away but everything was in irrevocable trust. I got them in court and bought about 90% of the machinery but siblings are absolutely insane. They have been pulling and pushing stuff around with skidsteer before the judge gets order signed. So when we remove the stuff I will clean it up and probably have Steffes sell it online. I will put notice of it on here. We are buying a 706,806, 966 1566, super m, A B H 60 John Deere 2 8630 jd and other stuff vehicles trucks combines hay equipment. Paying 15,000 for everything going to keep a couple the rest is going 

3 hours ago, DT Fan said:

600 miles North of me has to be right at the Canadian border! If I could haul it home on the boat returning from fishing?? Doubt if that will work!

Yep 60 miles from Canada. You get brin* a tow hitch pull everything home with the 15. 30hours of road time you are home.

00B96A6C-E704-40CF-A164-D0C2B0586F2B.jpeg

• Haha 2