Jump to content

It walks and talks


nomorejohndeere
 Share

Recommended Posts

That poor ugly thing. Has a face only a mother could love. A deaf mother. All that aside, if it does the job, run it!

Mike

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why someone who would go through all the trouble never finishes the small details to make it a nice looking conversion. You would have to be a pretty decent fabricator to even attempt something like that. It just seems like so many people get it to where it moves and just call it good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I don’t understand why someone who would go through all the trouble never finishes the small details to make it a nice looking conversion. You would have to be a pretty decent fabricator to even attempt something like that. It just seems like so many people get it to where it moves and just call it good. 

if you watch his other stuff they seem to like the screaming jimmy's and building their own stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly didn’t know what it started out as until the guy started talking.  I’m assuming it’s a 6-71 which ironically would have the same displacement as the original engine.  And I’d like to know why and how the 10 speed road ranger was mated up to the rest of the tractor.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

I honestly didn’t know what it started out as until the guy started talking.  I’m assuming it’s a 6-71 which ironically would have the same displacement as the original engine.  And I’d like to know why and how the 10 speed road ranger was mated up to the rest of the tractor.  

I agree.  I think that the only thing A-C left is the fenders and the white paint on the wheels. 

Good point on the engine displacement.  I forgot that the 6-71 was a 426 cu in. and never made that mental comparison before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

I agree.  I think that the only thing A-C left is the fenders and the white paint on the wheels. 

Good point on the engine displacement.  I forgot that the 6-71 was a 426 cu in. and never made that mental comparison before.

Two completely different engines and one lived at 200+ hp better then the other one

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

I honestly didn’t know what it started out as until the guy started talking.  I’m assuming it’s a 6-71 which ironically would have the same displacement as the original engine.  And I’d like to know why and how the 10 speed road ranger was mated up to the rest of the tractor.  

with it being a 2 stroke put  in a simplistic way it's more like 2 times the displacement, - not that simple but a quick and easy comparison if you follow my reasoning without all the theory and efficiencies etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Wasn't the 6-71 a 238 HP?

I’m seen them rated that way in trucks.  That engine was built for many decades and configurations.  I have seen marine versions of the 6-71 rated for 485 hp.  I would imagine the fuse was a bit short at that rating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gearclash said:

I’m seen them rated that way in trucks.  That engine was built for many decades and configurations.  I have seen marine versions of the 6-71 rated for 485 hp.  I would imagine the fuse was a bit short at that rating.

I thought the marine engines had special modifications like water cooled manifolds and such.  It seems like cat 3208 marine engines could be had up to 400 hp.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:
15 hours ago, Gearclash said:

I’m seen them rated that way in trucks.  That engine was built for many decades and configurations.  I have seen marine versions of the 6-71 rated for 485 hp.  I would imagine the fuse was a bit short at that rating.

I thought the Good to hear from you! Have a great Thanksgiving day! had special modifications like water cooled manifolds and such.  It seems like cat 3208 marine engines could be had up to 400 hp.  

I would think they don't have to worry about lug conditions in marine engines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...