DT361

Tom560

There were certain applications of the first DT361 engines, used in the construction & industrial lines, that were different from the engines in the 1206.  The early ones used different turbocharger setups, and some had much larger, different oil filter setups, that are the same oil filters used on the DT429 engines.  

At the time of the DT361 engines, I don't believe the serial number stamp on the block will indicate what type of piece of equipment the engine was built for.  That change didn't take place until the 1967 model year tractors, and the introduction of the DT407.

5 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I didn’t even know there was a 429. What was that ever in? Dozer? I want one 

TD-20 had them, Dirtboyz has one of them. Very un common engine.

DWF

17 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I didn’t even know there was a 429. What was that ever in? Dozer? I want one 

TD-20B Dozer

250 & 250B Track Loader

4100 & 4156 Tractor

H70(?) Wheel Loader

I am working on a DT-429 in my track loader. Most parts are very difficult to find. There could have also been a few other applications. I know it was available as a power unit, I don’t know what they called it. UDT-429?

1 hour ago, Nebraska1206 said:

There were certain applications of the first DT361 engines, used in the construction & industrial lines, that were different from the engines in the 1206.  The early ones used different turbocharger setups, and some had much larger, different oil filter setups, that are the same oil filters used on the DT429 engines.  

At the time of the DT361 engines, I don't believe the serial number stamp on the block will indicate what type of piece of equipment the engine was built for.  That change didn't take place until the 1967 model year tractors, and the introduction of the DT407.

Is the 429 a cousin of the 361/407 or a completely different engine?

8 hours ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

Oh! Thanks! I thought maybe it was of the same design since they look similar on the outside. 

I wonder if it might be, but in order to get the cubes they had to bore the block out and got into the water jacket, making it a wet sleeve.

Of course both engines were designed around the same time so it's only logical they'd look similar.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Wasn’t there a thread here once about someone who put a DT 429 in a 1206, and they dubbed the tractor a 1406? 

Yes! Been awhile back now. There used to be a video of it at plow-day on you-tube. I'll see if I can find it later.

Nebraska 1206 beat to the punch!

Thank you all for the answers,  

I have here a Farmall 1206 sn 14100 that have now a 407tt engine in it.

I want to make the tractor original with the dt361 engine, I can buy a dt361 engine out a scraper so when it fits I buy it to make the tractor original.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom560 said:

I want to make the tractor original with the dt361 engine, I can buy a dt361 engine out a scraper so when it fits I buy it to make the tractor original.

Where are you located, and what's your plans for the 407 engine?

11 hours ago, Tom560 said:

You'll have a million guys wanting that 407!!! Where are you located, lots of 806's around in junk yards, but not alot of good motors.

21 hours ago, DT Fan said:

1406 plowing;

Wow that’s awesome. But why did he censor / delete the close up side view of the DT 429 just as it drove by?