Saginaw 3 Point Hitch

Caseihtecher

Pin center is 3 , 1/2. From face of Chanel. Ear is 5/8 material. 3, 3/4 approx better and inside leg of channel tho I don't suppose it matters much as long as it lines up with your upper cyl mount

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Caseihtecher said:

Would you be willing to measure some time when you get the chance?

Sure, just might take mea day or 2 to remember 

1 minute ago, iowaboy1965 said:

No time tonight but I will try to get it tomorrow 

Only reason why I ask is what I've put together on my hitch so far is the arms look like they will top out at 36" center of eyelet. Basically where they pivot on the tractor will contact the frame at that point. I would think that would be plenty though.. 

Hmmm mine do not contact the frame on the up stroke. But they will hit the standard u bar drawbar before they reach their full down travel. If I need that much down  travel the draw bar has to come off...

8 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Hmmm mine do not contact the frame on the up stroke. But they will hit the standard u bar drawbar before they reach their full down travel. If I need that much down  travel the draw bar has to come off...

Moving side braces ahead a hole or two will drop the u. That allows hitch to drop and swinging draw bar to pass over top of u at normal height. Hammer strap or roller then bolts to bottom of draw bar.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I didn't make this part as tall as yours. Didn't think I needed to because I just put one pin hole. But it contacts the upper edge of the L shaped piece. 20230526_1808232.thumb.jpg.a383dbcc00f6816d19ee7e2271322f48.jpg

39 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

If it only hits a little - notch up to 1/4 of the top of the L to clear the lift arms fully raised.   It will barely affect strength.

Well that's what im trying to find out what fully raised should be. Like I said it contacts that L when the arm ends are at 36" or so

22 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

How far does your "rock shaft" sit from the  Back of the tractor as well. I've mocked mine up with measurements you've given me and it just doesn't seem the same as the pictures. But maybe that's just the angle of the pictures..

Just now, iowaboy1965 said:

Crap I remembered but not when I could measure. Will try to get it in the morning.

Its alright. If you would to could you measure the distance between the arms going from the angle on the axle to the rock shaft as well? I know you told me how long they were.  But I'm pretty sure my angles on the axle are further apart. where the bolt hole is closer to the inside of the angle. When I stick that arm to that angle it contacts the mounting nut. I may end up moving them to the other side of the angle (towards center of tractor)20230527_1957262.thumb.jpg.6e12a333ad43ff1427675d720d533cb4.jpg

With the front in the lower hole the arms come real close to 36 inches all the way up in fact if the adjustable rod was all the way short I think ot would be 36"

20230529_132357.jpg

20230529_132353.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 7:06 PM, iowaboy1965 said:

With the front in the lower hole the arms come real close to 36 inches all the way up in fact if the adjustable rod was all the way short I think ot would be 36"

20230529_132357.jpg

20230529_132353.jpg

Do you by chance know what a size those cylinders are? Some reason Im thinking most are 3x8 on those 3pts

1 hour ago, Caseihtecher said:

Do you by chance know what a size those cylinders are? Some reason Im thinking most are 3x8 on those 3pts

Not for sure but I was thinking they were 4 x 8 but I will try to check today. Making hay today hopefully so it will be a busy day. It will pick up a 5 x 6 big round bale of hay but that's stressing it a bit. But did it for years as my only tractor at the time. Was feeding 8 to 10 cows/calfs over winter for years so not high volume but enough.