Separating the front cooling fan blade from the fan hub on my IH 5088

BrettJohanns

Hey fellas! Got a question. I am starting to hear some growling in the front cooling fan area of my 5088. Assuming its the front fan bearing is dry or whipped. I have removed the bolts holding the fan on the hub, but cant get the fan blade off the hub. Am I missing something? Is there a snap ring or keeper holding that blade on the hub? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, friend.  Try posting your question in the Technical IH section of the forum.  This section you have posted in is for questions about using the website and website IT support.  If you post in Technical IH, you'll get some help, I'm sure.

Maybe the moderator can move this thread for you.  @FarmallFan?

2 hours ago, TN Hillbilly said:

Hi, friend.  Try posting your question in the Technical IH section of the forum.  This section you have posted in is for questions about using the website and website IT support.  If you post in Technical IH, you'll get some help, I'm sure.

Maybe the moderator can move this thread for you.  @FarmallFan?

He has a double post going,  there's another one a few topics down....he should be good to go

Sorry for the double post. Figured that out after I did it. Had some good info provided. I did pull the whole fan assembly out so I could work on it on my bench. Still could not separate the blade from the hub, but was able to see what was going on. Bearing was good, just dry. My 5088 has the four post bearing support in the front. Spline shaft with a compression collar on the water pump. What I did was press some Hi-Temp grease into the front bearing as well as putting a few drips of 80-145 oil on the bearing and worked it in. I could feel the roughness of the bearing when spinning the fan. I worked the grease and oil into the bearing and seemed to smooth things out. I know its the half ass way to do it, but figure it bought me some time. Thanks for all the help! What a great resource of info!