$40,000 worth of front weights

nomorejohndeere

Forgive my ignorance, but how is that $40k in weights?  Looks like 12, 100lb suitcase weights to me. They are higher than they used to be but if that is $40k in weights I’ve got a bunch for sale at $3333.00 each 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll bet somewhere there is someone that has $40000 worth of weights.  I sure wouldn't fess up if it was me for fear of having them stolen.

• Like 2

Um…. Yea. A 12 hole weight bracket fully dressed is nothing. Put a loader on the front end with big cylinders and you can bet that the weight on the front end will be 4 times the amount of those factory approved front weights. Or saddle tanks full of liquid bouncing over a rough field. 

• Like 4

I ran a full rack of 100 pounders on my 766 when I used a chisel plow, mounted field cultivator or anhydrous tool bar.  Needed every one of 'em.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

These plastic ones are much easier to handle. Slightly cheaper. 

https://www.batescorp.com/bc71700-plastic-suitcase-weight.html

Image result for ih plastic suitcase weights

I realize those are lighter and that that's the draw for hauling around something that is just a show tractor.  But I never realized they were $60/each.  For that much I'd probably just look for the real thing and spend $80-$100 each.

• Like 1