More projects, like I need anymore

td9inidaho

Neighbor passed away a few years back, his wife stayed in the house as long as she could, just got to be too much for her to keep up. The man was a tractor/dozer "collector" .  Most everything was in some sort of repair state. Anyhow, the out buildings all collapsed, she sells, and tells me I have 3 days to save what I can get to. More than likely, new owners will have scrap company come in and clean up. Freezing cold, I try to look through all that rubble, no IH goodies, Massey, case, lots of caterpillars and fords. I was able to get to 3 Ford's, a 600, a Fordson super major, Fordson major, (in 2 pieces mind you ), grader, Alice HD7, Ford Cabover, caterpillar D-7, and a case that  I would like to figure out it's model and year of make. Perhaps someone here can assist me on that one. Pics, we all like em, so here's a list of what I hauled 

Mark

IMG_20221118_111433882_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_111412326_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_111404838_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_111341674_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_111252569_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_111308591_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221118_111047368_HDR.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I wish I could, new owners now have the place, not sure who they are, will see what I can come up with, also, moving the D7 took 2 days in it's self, the finals seem to be locked up, track didn't budge a bit. Good thing snow and frozen ground. Pulled it down the dirt road at a 45 degree angle so it would slide. Was thinking of pulling sideways, but it was too wide that way 

Mark

IMG_20221116_143125805_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

That was nice of her to let you go salvage some projects.  What’s the story with the auto patrol?  Is the engine locked up?  It looks in decent condition.  Only reason I ask is that Caterpillar collectors or clubs are always looking for those in good shape.  Might be worth a fair amount to the right person.  Maybe enough to fund a couple of the other projects.

14 minutes ago, td9inidaho said:

Perfect, thanks for that, I prefer my IH goodies, but now that I have this, is nice to know what I have 😁. Besides the wheels, looks just like that one. Again thanks 

Mark

I think the serial plate should be on the toolbox ahead of the steering wheel. most fell off I think, too bad it wasn't an R - they are very collectable/valuable

nice score!

I think the RC has IHC wheels on the back. F-12 or H. Not sure what kind of axles the Case would have or even if it’s a possibility but the hub of those cutoffs definitely looks IH. 

Just looked again and now I see the axle has a keyway,  so probably not too difficult. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

I think the RC has IHC wheels on the back. F-12 or H. Not sure what kind of axles the Case would have or even if it’s a possibility but the hub of those cutoffs definitely looks IH. 

Was my first thought too. Then I was wondering possible French and Hect?

ghee  whiz     Mark...apart from that white stuff on the floor ...that looks like a mighty fine place to   be hauling ''stuff'' out of...I can see your old PC200  doing its thing ..

I believe the   Caterpillar    is a 17A ??

So many choice's !!

Mike

3 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

I wish I could, new owners now have the place, not sure who they are, will see what I can come up with, also, moving the D7 took 2 days in it's self, the finals seem to be locked up, track didn't budge a bit. Good thing snow and frozen ground. Pulled it down the dirt road at a 45 degree angle so it would slide. Was thinking of pulling sideways, but it was too wide that way 

Mark

IMG_20221116_143125805_HDR.jpg

..quite possibly the brake bands could be frozen onto the drums..usual issue..but apart from that ..with old  Hyster winch  ..you will be out logging in no time !!!

Mike

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

What would you have grabbed next if you had another day?

Along side a Massey speed shift 101 Wheatland, was a McCormick deering dozer, I wanted badly to grab those two as well, perhaps the near future will play in my favor versus the scrap yard.  I hope 

Mark