Artemis Missions

Mudfly

Just curious if anyone else on here has been following the Artemis Mission Status?

I wish I had more time to dig into the details, but I am actually genuinely excited that the US has decided to remove its head from its rectum and at least try to do great things like this again.  Have we been there before? Yes.

But that doesn’t mean that there is no benefit to going again.

if nothing else, maybe something we can be proud of as a country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mudfly said:

Just curious if anyone else on here has been following the Artemis Mission Status?

I wish I had more time to dig into the details, but I am actually genuinely excited that the US has decided to remove its head from its rectum and at least try to do great things like this again.  Have we been there before? Yes.

But that doesn’t mean that there is no benefit to going again.

if nothing else, maybe something we can be proud of as a country.

I think it’s suppose to be lit tonight?  I want to see Artemis succeed.  

Just now, Big Bud guy said:

I think it’s suppose to be lit tonight?  I want to see Artemis succeed.  

Yep just after midnight central time.  I’m almost tempted to stay up and watch.

there is someone with a robotic telescope that is going to stream some of the translunar portion of the flight.  Probably pretty boring at that point.

Just now, Mudfly said:

Yep just after midnight central time.  I’m almost tempted to stay up and watch.

there is someone with a robotic telescope that is going to stream some of the translunar portion of the flight.  Probably pretty boring at that point.

It will be 11:04 my time.  I’m staying up.  I watched the first one when they launched the capsule and drove it right back into earth.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick G. said:

I stayed up to watch the historical launch. 12:41 AM CST. It was incredible. The Orion spacecraft has been delivered to Earth orbit. 

I didn't make it that late.  I'll watch the replay this morning if I have some time.

38 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Sorry, not a fan. All that stuff NASA claims to have invented? Transistors, MICRO Chips, the computer as such? Not true! The small electronics were invented for the military. It was the government allowing the knowledge of thinks to the civvy population. People were scared enough over the nuclear threat. What NASA gave us was a pen that can write in ZERO Gravity and Velcro. The sidewinder missile was developed BEFORE NASA was created. Was operational in 59. A ground following radar system that hooked to a jet fighter's auto pilot and allowed NAE flying very low was operational about then too. A small amount of research shows a lot of the claims made by NASA were given to make sure tax payers thought they were getting benefit from that tax money. I'm not saying stop. I'm saying that they are honest.

Rick 

Please don't start this and derail this thread.  

• Like 1

Just crawled into bed and they broke in to the show I had on with the liftoff

Pretty cool to see again. 

Took me back to all the others I had seen growing up.