Mahindra tractors

wild one

I know you guys are talking big tractors but I have a 35hp Kioti gear drive that is 5 years old with 600 hours. Only problem is jerky 3 point. Does move a lot of gravel, dirt, and truck parts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MTB98 said:

Anything specific that makes them junk?

...three  words

....like the ''Tata"" truck.....like the ''re birth ''   of that once  100% reliable British Lister  engine...like the first piece of excrement on wheels , some sort of bizarre ''copy '' of the Willys    ''Jeep''  ...that was foisted on the luckless Kiwi's as an ''all terrain ''  vehicle, to replace the British "Land Rover'  etc etc

...those three words.....

Made In   India

MTB 98..I have no idea how many summers  you have on the ''clock of life''...you sound like an innocent child ...perhaps a product of those halcyon days when the great  United   States of America produced a range of products equal to ...or better than most other countries......and as an old bloke now rapidly approaching the ''finish line''   I have had the good fortune to own and use a limited amount of American ''goods''in my (still) working life....Limited because of trade and tariff restrictions..but  the 'steel   "'Aladin '' thermos  , made in Tennessee  to the Caterpillar wheel loader made in Illinois     were two items of   dramatic contrast to some of the crap from India..that as previously noted, was offered  to NZ  Forestry contractors

The Indians are great at  breeding     and playing cricket....and building rick shaws......but  here is a 'tip ' from me....watch out for the Indian ''truck driver '' in a Class Eight truck...the transition from a copulating rick shaw to a Class  8   ...rolling  down interstate five..or wherever  is taken far to lightly by these   clowns

Mike

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

LS tractors are South Korean, which are what was quoted as being junk. 
Mahindra is an Indian company. 

..I thought I made that perfectly clear ...??

Did you not read what was written  ???..or as I suggested ...as an American, you have been shielded from that crap  thus never met a ''Tata" truck or that  other apology for a 4x4 from Mahindra

Mike

I've seen Mahindra Tractors here in states made in numerous countries Including the US.

Last year I was inside their Houston 'factory' when I picked up the tires I bought on bigiron. It was not like a real tractor factory. They were simply finishing out incomplete imported tractors. 

They had alot of tractors there. Houston is a major port city.

Mahindra North America
(877) 449-7771
https://maps.app.goo.gl/U2qFwbeTuByxWWwM7

10 minutes ago, mike newman said:

Did you not read what was written  ???..or as I suggested ...as an American, you have been shielded from that crap  thus never met a ''Tata" truck or that  other apology for a 4x4 from Mahindra

Mike

You quoted me asking “what makes them junk” about the previous comment that LS (and Case/NH) tractors were junk and then answered about Mahindra tractors and trucks being Indian. 

Just now, MTB98 said:

You quoted me asking “what makes them junk” about the previous comment that LS (and Case/NH) tractors were junk and then answered about Mahindra tractors and trucks being Indian. 

check the topic heading......""Mahindra Tractors""

Your comment provided the ideal platform to expound on the virtues or other wise on these  inferior products...and per chance, there was way back in the Eighties some sort of trade envoys came to NZ , including Mahindra    top brass..

I happened to be working in a remote forested area, near a National Park with another great American product...Mack trucks..just the old R models, but twelve speed Mack g/box   models  and  with a Michigan wheel loader....doing a contract  etc

Some of the trade envoys folk turned up at the Park ...and a female from Mahindra asked for a ride in the Mack..long story short , I took her some sixty odd miles through some tight ''bush '' roads to the the next work site...and back...She was most impressed with the R685 Mack..asked the right questions ..and implied the Indian manfacturing tech was light years behind the Macks

I could say the Mack was light years ahead of ome other well known  marque's  but that might start trouble with some of the trucking blokes on this site..:)

Mike

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, acem said:

According to Wikipedia.

"M&M produced its first tractor in 1963, the Mahindra B-275 by forming a joint venture with International Harvester to manufacture tractors carrying the Mahindra nameplate for the Indian market. Mahindra Tractors sold about 85,000 units annually making it one of the largest tractor producers in the world.[7] To expand into the growing tractor market in China, Mahindra acquired majority stake in Jiangling"

I think these are the tractors with IH heritage. I've seen some that look similar here in the states. I've also seen some small tractors made in Japan.

image.png.40963662f7cb02000b73b5f157f01140.png

The old B-275 clones are still made now and some parts were interchangeable between IH & Mahindra since they were technically 100% cloned from IH.  The 2wd model with the 8x2 center shift transmission.

At one point if you ordered replacement parts for a Bradford built IH at CaseIH the parts came in Mahindra packaging... 

The New Holland dealer not far from us sold more compacts than anything else. 30-45 hp. to a lot of acreage type of people, not generally farmers. He did not see a lot of those tractors back. When New Holland made the switch to the LS built machines, the tractors kept coming back repeatedly for all kinds of different issues. So much so that the dealer stopped selling New Holland and now sells Kubota. According to the owner, the Kubota tractors don't generally have hardly any warranty issues compared to the LS built New Hollands they replaced. 

Yes, I was looking at a TYM - Chinese built tractor, claimed to have a "Cat" Perkins in it, but it was a Chinese copy. Tractor was only a few yrs old and parts were already getting tough to come by. I offered $15k hauled to my location but sales wouldn't go for it, I think it ended up going to an auction. 

11 hours ago, mike newman said:

Mike

Mike

A different area but -

In my career I have had to do with two Indian made workshop vices.

They put a whole new and worrying perspective on an Indian atomic bomb.

• Haha 3

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I love the videos of Indians working. Notice the dirt floor that never needs to be swept. The steel toe sandals, and the auto darkening safety glasses. 🤣🤣🤣.  I do not want a tractor that these guys make!!!

5 hours ago, Cattech said:

Yes, I was looking at a TYM - Chinese built tractor, claimed to have a "Cat" Perkins in it, but it was a Chinese copy. Tractor was only a few yrs old and parts were already getting tough to come by. I offered $15k hauled to my location but sales wouldn't go for it, I think it ended up going to an auction. 

TYM is a South Korean company. They build their tractors in South Korea, not China, and assemble them in North Carolina for the US market. TYM builds the Rural King tractors along with some other brand names. 

I do have something to add though, in that I have a neighbor that bought a 35 hp Mahindra new, it’s a tiny little thing but it was  $12-15,000 less than Kubota, I’m sure he was abusing  it, it had a small backhoe attachment on the back, but somehow the rear casting cracked -on the inside- and let an -inner- axle/bearing begin to rotate inside of the casting. He completely stripped it down, had the housing welded and re-machined, and sold it.  He has a kubota now. Don’t know the size but it’s not very big and was $48k. 
i had no idea Mahindra even made a 100hp tractor 

There is a couple Mahindra dealers within 30 miles of me. Pile of compacts around, don't know anyone with one but have not heard any horror stories. All the compacts and sub compacts are foreign built, so pick your poison. I have a Massey which is built by Iseki and it has been a good little tractor, really have no complaints. I bought it new in 2007-2008

1 hour ago, ChrisNY said:

All the compacts and sub compacts are foreign built, so pick your poison.

Deere builds their SCUTs and CUTs in Augusta, Georgia, although the engines are Japanese Yanmars. Japan and South Korea are where the majority of other brands originate. 

On 11/15/2022 at 6:24 AM, Frank H said:

And what a step down from the Shibura tractor they replaced. The LS are junk.

The dealership I used to work at sold countless Shibaura built ford/New Hollands. They were good tractors. After CNH dropped Shibaura the dealership took on Kubota. From what I was told that has been a really good deal for them.