Mahindra tractors

wild one

Supposed to be one of the largest tractor sellers in the world. I know of none in this area. Nearest dealer is probably fifty miles away.  I have read where they used to have ties with IH. I have recently seen where some of the large auction places are auctioning off two or three year old Mahindra tractors in the 80-100 HP  range with less than 10 hours on them. Some seem to run and work fine. Some have parts missing and are non running. All sold by Mahindra USA. No warranty on any.

I talked with some people I know that were Mahindra dealers who said every couple years the manufacture takes back any old stock tractors and sells them at auction. These people recently had their dealership pulled by Mahindra. I find it strange a dealer would pull parts off a new tractor, but I suppose it would be a way to satisfy a good customer if parts are unavailable. Some of the online auction prices seemed very attractive, but a newer tractor with no warranty or dealer support could turn into a nightmare real fast. Anyone have any experience with tractors from supposedly one of the largest sellers in the world?

Some friends have them. All are used lightly and seem to work OK. I'm told parts availability is poor.

I've bought tires from a Mahindra auction on bigiron. They were new old stock. Ben sitting at the import yard for years and never got used. They put them up to make room for new stuff.

Thx-Ace 

I had been watching an online auction a while back when these 100 hp range Mahindras tractors came up. Four by four with cab and loader with only about eight hours were in the twenty thousand range with only a few hours left in the auction. They sold in the 35 thousand range which was still pretty good price in today's market. After some research I decided it might be quite the gamble, but found the whole thing very interesting. I thing some are still being offered.

Parts suppport is a big problem. Most things, if available need to come from overseas directly, you could be waiting weeks, months, longer. You don’t see anyone who depends on them using mahindra for good reason 

Neighbor was over a week ago. He has one in the 75hp range. His is a 10 model. Says they quit supporting them parts wise. Glen is 74 or so and thinks he can keep his running for another 5 years then he won’t need it. 
I think when they were first imported, they were quite a bargain, now with no parts support, I would NOT touch one, even if it was given me. 

Kioti had the same reputation in terms of parts support.  I worked for a Kioti dealer a number of years ago and had first hand experience with them.  I don't know if being tied in with Bobcat cleaned them up.  As to largest seller that may be entirely possible although I have not heard those commercials as of late.  MF used to hold that title and that was due the presence they had outside of Europe and North America.  Probably the same with Manhindra.  

My neighbor had one. It sold at his auction after he died. He bought his new and used it for several years and I think it had 150 hours on it. He had no issues with it that I know of. There used to be a dealer close here and I know they sold quite a few of them. I don’t see them much anymore and I’m unsure if the dealer is still around. If you’re an acreage owner, who depends on his tractor very little, it might be ok. It’s just my opinion, but $20K-$30K would be way too much of a gamble for me. As far as being the largest seller, I have heard that claim. I have also tried to find out how they determined that and I can’t find any evidence. As far as the total revenue generated, I believe John Deere is number one that way. 

Most of their sales are in the Asian market and their home market of India. We have a 40Hp size one here at our grounds department, the guys and the mechanic prefer the Kubota's.  I can't quite see an H with a Mahindra decal....

Mahindra & Mahindra forms a joint-venture with International Harvester to manufacture tractors in India with the Mahindra badge.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wild one said:

Supposed to be one of the largest tractor sellers in the world. I know of none in this area. Nearest dealer is probably fifty miles away.  I have read where they used to have ties with IH. I have recently seen where some of the large auction places are auctioning off two or three year old Mahindra tractors in the 80-100 HP  range with less than 10 hours on them. Some seem to run and work fine. Some have parts missing and are non running. All sold by Mahindra USA. No warranty on any.

I talked with some people I know that were Mahindra dealers who said every couple years the manufacture takes back any old stock tractors and sells them at auction. These people recently had their dealership pulled by Mahindra. I find it strange a dealer would pull parts off a new tractor, but I suppose it would be a way to satisfy a good customer if parts are unavailable. Some of the online auction prices seemed very attractive, but a newer tractor with no warranty or dealer support could turn into a nightmare real fast. Anyone have any experience with tractors from supposedly one of the largest sellers in the world?

I see you are from NE IA but not sure where.  I believe there is a dealer at Strawberry Point?  At least I see a place just north of town on Hwy. 13 that has a lot of what I believe are Mahindras sitting on his lot.  I know nothing about the tractors or the dealership, just always thought it looked like he has a lot of inventory.

10 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Plan B should have been having EVERY motel that is run by Mahindra's fellow countrymen becoming a dealer.

Gas stations would be better frontage than hotels 😊

I know 3 people who own them. 40-60hp range. Those guys seem to like them but aren’t making a living with them in any way. Some pieces seem pretty cheaply made to me just looking them over but I have not done a days work on one either. 

According to Wikipedia.

"M&M produced its first tractor in 1963, the Mahindra B-275 by forming a joint venture with International Harvester to manufacture tractors carrying the Mahindra nameplate for the Indian market. Mahindra Tractors sold about 85,000 units annually making it one of the largest tractor producers in the world.[7] To expand into the growing tractor market in China, Mahindra acquired majority stake in Jiangling"

I think these are the tractors with IH heritage. I've seen some that look similar here in the states. I've also seen some small tractors made in Japan.

image.png.40963662f7cb02000b73b5f157f01140.png

We have a pretty good mahindra dealer here, been selling them for over ten years and has quite a few out in the area. I've never worked with one but our club uses one for our tractor driving skills contest at our county fair, the dealer lets us use it. We use one with a hydro run transmission and it operates smooth. It would make a handy loader tractor for a weekend warrior with some acerage to play with. Make sure you have a spot to park it inside because sunlight will fade them to a nice shade of pink.

After overcoming the parts debacle I would question how you are going to fix it when your dealer is no longer a dealer.  Yes that could happen on the name brands but there are so many more options for support.  Most of the places I frequent wouldn't touch one and I am not just assuming that.  They work on what they know and what they are good at.  What steered me red was there is a ton of parts support and numerous repair options locally.  For $35000 there is still a lot of 100hp options.  Maybe they aren't low hours but I would bet that would outlast a Mahindra and have better resale.  My 2 cents.  

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 4:58 PM, wild one said:

..wild one, old Chap....

.......unless there is a history of insanity in your family...you need a Mahindra   tractor like you need another rectal orifice...end of story.....

All the best to you...

Mike

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, mike newman said:

..wild one, old Chap....

.......unless there is a history of insanity in your family...you need a Mahindra   tractor like you need another rectal orifice...end of story.....

All the best to you...

Mike

That's the kind of advice I like to hear

• Haha 2

If your looking for a discount tractor I think the newest import circulating is the LS.

Unfortunately I feel they will share the same fate as all the other imports over the last couple plus decades.  

Dealers and knowledgeable service will disappear and your left with an orphan.

Not such a big deal 50 horse or under due to their initial price and general usage but the sizes your talking about can't be down when work time comes. 

And if you keep it till it breaks down nobody wants it.  Maybe sell some parts but to whom?

6 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

If your looking for a discount tractor I think the newest import circulating is the LS.

Unfortunately I feel they will share the same fate as all the other imports over the last couple plus decades.  

LS builds the New Holland and Case, among others, compact tractors.