Some harvest pictures

856 Custom

I'm not as photogenic as some on here but I take a few when I think about it. Some pictures from 5th cutting hay harvest and the crops. Everything ran good. Only problem I had was the reverser cylinder blew the end off on the 2588 cutting beans. Found out that you loose LOTS of hydraulic oil in a hurry. Thankfully the dealership had one and i put it on and back in business. I replaced the top elevator panels before harvest and that's a poor mans scaffolding I came up with. Lol! Worked good for me. And that's the way you plug holes in a Westfield when you don't have tape handy 

KIMG1781~3.JPG

KIMG1805~3.JPG

KIMG1769~3.JPG

KIMG1768~3.JPG

KIMG1778~3.JPG

KIMG1777~3.JPG

KIMG1771~3.JPG

KIMG1772~3.JPG

KIMG1792~3.JPG

KIMG1814~3.JPG

KIMG1828~3.JPG

KIMG1834~3.JPG

KIMG1842~3.JPG

KIMG1841~3.JPG

KIMG1899~3.JPG

KIMG1870~3.JPG

KIMG1874.JPG

• Like 14

1 hour ago, IH Forever said:

Thanks for the pictures. Is that a Kuhn bale accumulator? Is the CIH baler a Heston design ? The ones I’ve seen have all been inline. Also I’ve never seen blue J&M wagons.

That style of Case IH baler is post CNH merger so its actually a New Holland baler in Case IH red and markings. 

Their share of Hesston had been sold at this point. 

15 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

. Only problem I had was the reverser cylinder blew the end off on the 2588 cutting beans. 

KIMG1781~3.JPG

KIMG1805~3.JPG

KIMG1769~3.JPG

KIMG1768~3.JPG

KIMG1778~3.JPG

KIMG1777~3.JPG

KIMG1771~3.JPG

KIMG1772~3.JPG

KIMG1792~3.JPG

KIMG1814~3.JPG

KIMG1828~3.JPG

KIMG1834~3.JPG

KIMG1842~3.JPG

KIMG1841~3.JPG

KIMG1899~3.JPG

KIMG1870~3.JPG

KIMG1874.JPG

Those darn reverse cylinders. Common thing. Pressure spikes in the hydraulic system cracks them. Not sure why it picks them to break and it happens whether they are used or not.

I added the accumulator kit to my 2388 to help prevent it from happening again. I was thinking the 2588's had them  from factory to prevent it. Does yours have it? Not sure if I can see part of it in photo or not.

10 hours ago, ole 815 said:

Those darn reverse cylinders. Common thing. Pressure spikes in the hydraulic system cracks them. Not sure why it picks them to break and it happens whether they are used or not.

I added the accumulator kit to my 2388 to help prevent it from happening again. I was thinking the 2588's had them  from factory to prevent it. Does yours have it? Not sure if I can see part of it in photo or not.

Yeah it's got a accumulator on. However I think it has served it's purpose since 2007 if this happened. I googled this problem after mine blew apart and accumulator or not I feel very lucky I didn't have this happen before. Sounds very common. Think I'm going to have a hose made and carry it along in case it ever happens again. Bypass the problem and keep on going until time allows because you know what happens when she blows. There you sit  

20 hours ago, IH Forever said:

Thanks for the pictures. Is that a Kuhn bale accumulator? Is the CIH baler a Heston design ? The ones I’ve seen have all been inline. Also I’ve never seen blue J&M wagons.

Yes Kuhn AF10. Got it August of 2020. J&M offer's red, blue and green wagons. I ordered them blue just because I think they look kinda decent. Only blue things I've got on the farm outside of the planters. Young man told me you look like a rainbow farmer. Lol! I said no I'd have to have something green before I can qualify for that 

• Like 1

I had the same cylinder blow on my 2577 reverser. I have also had the valve stack crack. I am sure that the 2577 has left me down in the field more in the last 5 years than the 1680 it replaced did in 17 years. Always odd stuff that you can’t predict preseason. I guess the new ones are complex enough there are just more to go wrong. 

I also have a Westfield auger with the same problem in that plastic accordion tube between hopper and auger. I don’t know why they can’t figure out a better system there. That piece is crazy expensive and should be longer so it isn’t stretched so tight.