Wings Over Dallas airshow Crash at the Dallas Executive Airport.

jeeper61

"Top story of the night" could be "Art story of the night"

When are you gonna start a podcast?

Several people died here and we have people grumbling about how the planes names/numbers are spelled out FFS.

Again.  If you don't like it or agree with it or trust it why do you turn it on?

Why not get what you get out of it and move on?

You can see what happened in the video.  Why and what will come later.  The reporter doesn't have time for all that or the knowledge to do so.

50 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Which is exactly why one should NEVER believe what a member of the MEDIA has to say about anything, as propagandists, they ARE 'paid' to sensationalize and dramaticize everything they 'report' on.  Thus, the over abundance of "happy horseshit" stories.

How much are you 'paid' to sensationalize and dramaticize(spelled incorrectly to match your quote) your responses with capital letters and cute quips?

Unfortunately it's probably controlled flight into another plane.

I doubt it has anything to do with the age of the planes and everything to do with the stunts they were preforming. Air shows are exactly that. Shows to entertain the public. They push airplanes and pilots for spectacular views.

Accidents sometimes happen at air shows. Ever since the barnstormer days.

I'm not trying to say we shouldn't have air shows. It's just there is danger involved. That's part of what makes the shows impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

The reporter doesn't have time for all that or the knowledge to do so.

The KEY WORD here is "knowledge", which IS the word of choice when used to describe a 'reporter' or 'journalist'. So, by NOT having the "knowledge", the intrepid reporter just makes up the FACTS to meet his/her/its deadline.  Remember that SENSATIONALISM, not facts, sell.

And unlike the investigation, that WILL take months, or years to reach a conclusion, the MEDIA will NEVER go back and 'report' on the fault(s) that were found BY A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION, that were the cause of the crash.

An interesting take:

https://www.businessinsider.com/journalists-brains-function-at-a-lower-level-than-average-2017-5

I would take the words "Journalists brains function at a lower level than average", to be interpreted as "journalists/reporters' are STUPID. (But highly paid despite that fact, most likely "highly paid" for their creative writing skills, and their willingness to unquestioningly parrot the proper party line.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/anything-else/2018/01/90654/average-iq-by-occupation

I would argue with this assumption:

And people who are reporting sports are assumed to at least have average IQs.  

Although, it may take some intelligence to show any 'enthusiasm' for a game, watching the cretins who announce and analyze these GAMES soon destroys that idea.

A totally USELESS 'profession' where ethics and intelligence are totally lacking.

Nice attempt at hurling the sh*t covered brick...

You didn't answer the question

Be sure and leave out the concept of simply reporting observations ........... or news.

44 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

The KEY WORD here is "knowledge", which IS the word of choice when used to describe a 'reporter' or 'journalist'.

Not according to Oxford.  Where do you get your Key Words?

Journalism is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information. It is also the product of these activities. Journalism can be distinguished from other activities and products by certain identifiable characteristics and practices.

Reporter

a person who reports, especially one employed to report news or conduct interviews for newspapers or broadcasts.

Oxford doesn't mention truth or accuracy or sensational or not.  Doesn't mention anything about knowledge or usefulness or salary.

Be sure and come back with the same ol thing Art.  How many members of this forum do you think are not already informed of your opinion of the media.  You repeat the same thing over and over, thread after thread.  Like the rest of us haven't figured it out on our own.  Not that I'm speaking for others.

It's like giving a bus full of old ladies a long ride across town.

I do apologize if you suffer from dementia or alzheimer's and are not aware..........

You believe what YOU want to believe about the SEWAGE of the MEDIA riding in on their white horses, delivering the unbiased, unvarnished truth, and I WILL continue to call out the LYING sons of beeches for being nothing but the knowing,  willing, eager, unquestioning, and PAID propagandists for those whose agenda is the total destruction of moral, blue-collar, America, and the values and traditions that ONCE made it great.

"Knowledge" implies intelligence, something that the studies I cited, show that the brain-dead drunkards and stoners of the MEDIA DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT possess.

29 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

You believe what YOU want to believe about the SEWAGE of the MEDIA riding in on their white horses, delivering the unbiased, unvarnished truth, and I WILL continue to call out the LYING sons of beeches for being nothing but the knowing,  willing, eager, unquestioning, and PAID propagandists for those whose agenda is the total destruction of moral, blue-collar, America, and the values and traditions that ONCE made it great.

"Knowledge" implies intelligence, something that the studies I cited, show that the brain-dead drunkards and stoners of the MEDIA DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT possess.

I don't disagree on all fronts

You're just repetitive and a negative vibe

Hey Fart from Coleman

The Lindsay Dodgson you are using to bash reporters and journalists is a senior reporter

Lindsay Dodgson is a senior reporter at Insider, based in London. She has been at Insider since 2016. She writes stories about the internet and influencer world, from dramas, to psychological and behavioral explanations

So you will use documentation from a reporter to sensationalize your agenda against reporters while you claim to not pay attention or believe them.  Call them names and claim victory.

Yeah.  Read that again.  Dumbass

HNYG8MODONWELFARE 

located at the second link is a football or sports page where men in tights go to bash each others teams and the reporters prolly say stupid stuff but they are covering a playground activity for a living so you can have all the traction you can muster off that one.

I'm sure sports teams draw the same integrity as Walter Cronkite.

With investigative skills you have displayed I will definitely keep my methods intact.  

try again........

50 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

I don't believe anything about the media.  I don't own a tv or listen to the radio.  

So you are making up lies and pushing just like the media you hate so much

LOL, you're just like them....

Baaahaaaahaaahaaaa

• Like 1

1) DROP THE CRAP, this is about the TRAGETY at the AIRSHOW.......................

2) the WFAA just released a vidieo of the crash site and Blanco Lirio (Juan Brown) detailed version of what happened........................

3) if you want to argue about the news start a thread about it..........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is probably too detailed for certain members to process, since it involves MORE than "Airplane fall down, GO BOOM"

And, I doubt that there are very few in the "news business", who have the knowledge, and ability to explain what appears to have happened, in a manner like Mr. Browne does.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

In my untrained opinion, a very good technical assessment of data by someone who knows what he is talking about. 

Too bad it is the postmortem of a tragedy. 

• Like 4

Its a shame for the lives lost, my prayers. 

There also cant be to many B17 or P63 airplanes left in flight condition.  Correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that a B17 was quite challenging to fly also.  There cant be that many people left that have experience with a plane like that. 

Sad situation.  

4 hours ago, JaredT said:

Its a shame for the lives lost, my prayers. 

There also cant be toany B17 or P63 airplanes left in flight condition.  Correct me if i am wrong, but it seems to me that a B17 was quite challenging to fly also.  There cant be that many people left that have experience with a plane like that. 

Sad situation.  

B-17s were the more forgiving plane to fly. The B-24 Liberator was the challenging one to fly

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

If only we had Randy's insight on this!! 

lf l remember right, Randy did make a post here one time about flying a P-63 but not sure if it was the one involved in this incident. l tried doing a search about but couldn't find anything. Some of you might get better results.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:13 PM, Rawleigh99 said:

If only we had Randy's insight on this!!  I am sure he knew everyone involved unfortunately.

No doubt Randy and the others lost are having that discussion about their last flight.  

• Like 3

• 2 months later...