Wings Over Dallas airshow Crash at the Dallas Executive Airport.

jeeper61

Unconfirmed but they say now that 6 were killed, 5 crew members on the B-17 and the pilot of the P-63.  You just about bet there will be people clamoring to ground "all of them unsafe old airplanes." They did when that B-17 crashed several years ago.

Edit: l just saw a video from a so-called "TV news room". This accident is tragic enough without those fools giving "up to date" reports. l just saw one ignorant reporter say "A Boeing one-seven collided with a P-six-three." l can see where some people might not be familiar the old warbirds, but if you are going you be a TV hack "reporter" at least familiarize yourself about the topic you plan to incoherently talk about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

"A Boeing one-seven collided with a P-six-three." l can see where some people might not be familiar the old warbirds, but if you are going you be a TV hack "reporter"

Thus confirming that those in the MEDIA, are "qualified" to promote themselves as being "EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING".

That is NO different than when, after an incident, the MEDIA will rush to a passenger, (who may have had help finding their  way to the airport, and later, during the boarding process, their way to their assigned seat), and ask him, or her, or "it", what specifically happened.

I will be following this, as Juan Brown (blancolirio) discusses this accident.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Unconfirmed but they say now that 6 were killed, 5 crew members on the B-17 and the pilot of the P-63.  You just about bet there will be people clamoring to ground "all of them unsafe old airplanes." They did when that B-17 crashed several years ago.

Edit: l just saw a video from a so-called "TV news room". This accident is tragic enough without those fools giving "up to date" reports. l just saw one ignorant reporter say "A Boeing one-seven collided with a P-six-three." l can see where some people might not be familiar the old warbirds, but if you are going you be a TV hack "reporter" at least familiarize yourself about the topic you plan to incoherently talk about.

Are you on your way to reporting it?

I sure would like an experts opinion

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I sure would like an experts opinion

Blanco Lirio (Juan Brown) WILL report on the cause far more accurately and honestly than the speculation and unneeded drama offered up by the "EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING" of the MEDIA.

NO speculation, NO FAKE "sympathy", NO idiotic commentary:

As you would see coming from the slime of the MSM

The MEDIA is best described in This song:  (And it has fallen far further since 1985)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xmXn7gLVg&ab_channel=JoelAndy

• Thanks 1

Terrible news. I hope it gets figured out what exactly happened to cause the collision. I hope these air shows don’t get canceled permanently. It just looks like on the videos that the P63 pilot wasn’t paying attention.

thoughts and prayers go to them and their families

(  Blanco Lirio (Juan Brown) WILL report on the cause far more accurately and honestly.....   )

he is on u-tube, i have watched him on other plane crashes, he does not report stupidity, he gets the faa reports and explains it straight, it may take him 6 or 8 months to get the whole story out and explained.

i seen the news reports and stopped watching because of the complete stupidity they were spewing

I assume Randy Sogn had flown that plane at some point in time.

He seemed to have flown them all.

A terrible tragedy that should not have happened.

Prayers to the families.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the p63 pilot could not see the b17 as it was below it from its angle of approach? No matter what happened its a tragedy on both human and historical terms.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Are you on your way to reporting it?

No l am not. But l do  think if l was going to report on something, l believe l would do at minimal research on the subject before l got in front of a camera and started spewing nonsense.

If you were going to you would be in a rush to get there with camera in hand and inform people what's happened within reason.  It's up to the viewer to interpret and learn about the incident.

You would not have time to investigate every sudden disaster that happens covering every subject.

According to above posts it will take months before people in the know report their findings.  Reporters have a trip across town.  Or have received a snippet in an email and are passing it on.

If you all don't like the news, why watch it?

I don't think your job would pan out like you imagine.

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

It's up to the viewer to interpret and learn about the incident.

Which is exactly why one should NEVER believe what a member of the MEDIA has to say about anything, as propagandists, they ARE 'paid' to sensationalize and dramaticize everything they 'report' on.  Thus, the over abundance of "happy horseshit" stories.

1 hour ago, nomorejohndeere said:

According to above posts it will take months before people in the know report their findings.

And in those months, the NTSB will sort, and sift through every detail to find out what really happened, IF at all possible, BUT they will NOT be telling the public "what the cause was" 30 seconds after the accident, as the "EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING" are PAID to do.

Remember that the MEDIA told us that the passenger jet (Egypt Air?) that blew up off the East Coast was "shot down by the US Navy", when in fact it was an electrical short in the fuel tank that caused the explosion, AND it was the scrapings of the bottom of the barrel MEDIA (CNN) who speculated that it was a "black hole", which "swallowed up" the missing, and yet to be found, Malaysian airliner.

It was the NTSB that found that "poor maintainence" was the cause of the other B-17 (Nine-0-Nine ?) crash that killed several crewmembers and passengers)

Better to know the FACTS, than the speculation of some bubbleheaded 'reporter', or civilian that has been PAID for his/her interpretation of the event. (Airplane go UP, airplane fall down, GO BOOM) is NOT going to solve anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1