Suzy Bogguss and IH

HMR

Was listening to this on You Tube and heard her mention International Harvester in her patter before singing the song.  While my hearing is not the greatest, I thought I heard her say that her dad worked for International Harvester in East Moline and would listen to country music with his friends on the way to and from work.  Wiki says that her hometown is Aledo, Illinois, about 25 or 30 miles south of the Quad Cities, and is the county seat of Mercer County.

Give a listen.

HMR

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I always thought she had one of the most beautiful  voices I’ve ever heard sing. Actually there were quite a few women from that era of country music that were easy on the ears and eyes too. 

• Like 2

Wow! Didn't know that Aledo is her home town! We pull there, nice town over in God's country! lol!

Yes, her Dad worked for IH. She mentions it often. I saw her back in the fall of 2019 in a small old time theater that gets in a lot of older or second string acts. She still has a great voice and did a great show. Still easy on the eyes also, but like a lot of us who remember her from the 80's, she is getting close to the golden years. That was 40 years ago.......

The theater is close to Dave Downs or where Bitty lived when he was downstate, about 45 minutes from me. I wish I was closer, I would be there a couple times a month. I saw Rhonda Vincent the other year, Ray Willie Huber, Rodney Crowell, Brent Cobb, and Corb Lund are some of the recent acts. They do all types of shows. It is a great place.