Diamond Cab

806Jordy

I’ve seen rusted out ones that look like they should be scrap metal sell for $500 here in New York, but our weather is inconsistent and guys like cabs. I’ve given $1500 for red delux cab and thought I stole it. (And you guys hate those).  The white cab that I removed to put the red one on, phone rang non stop When I put it on craigslist I believe for five or 600, it had some rust holes in it. 
It’s obviously your tractor and your money, like he said, if the steps are there and the glass is good, I think five or 600 would be an great deal for you.  Myself, I would give more if I had a need for it.image.thumb.jpg.c9ea0a49c94d068a61a63010a106a9d1.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.40c6494416787f1a36ec543d5919236b.jpg

Let us know how you make out 806Jordy. Back in 2008, I got $600.00 for a super nice YEAR-A-ROUND QT-1 cab that we took off my 1976 Black Stripe 1466 that I wanted to return to an open station.

We hauled the cab over to the Yoder and Frey auction yard in Archbold, Ohio. My thought was well maybe I’ll get a couple hundred bucks for it, and I’ll be danged if it didn’t fetch $600.00.

What model tractor do you want to put the cab on? Don’t pitch your fenders on the scrap iron pile- You might get more for your fenders than what that cab might cost you.

Way back when I was in high school, I ran a new at the time 966 with the Diamond cab for the local farmer I worked for. I liked that cab. It had a heater, but no A/C. 

13 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Be still my heart! Want to sell it?

Other than the ones in my garage, I don’t think I’ve seen a cab that nice here in New York in over 25 years. Maybe 30

Going to install it on the Hydro 100.  You can put your fist through the lower cab walls on the cab that is on it now!

I always thought the Year a round QT-1's were the nicest cabs out there. I was sorry to read in Heritage Iron they are totally out of business. I sold a lot of the weld on door pins, cab latches and the aluminum lift/lock door handles for them.

The can came off a 66 series, the seller included a plate that was supposed to fit a 56 series. The problem is the plate is about an inch too wide to fit the cab and fits waayyyy too tight to the hood of my 1256. Do any of you out there have or know where I may find the correct piece?

Very nice cab. Those brackets, and even the rectangular electrical relay still attached to the plate, I’d say that’s original.  Sorry to hear about that one hood piece there. If you can’t find one I’m sure you could trim that one until it fits around your hood properly. Then slice it right in the center and cut an inch out of it to make the width match. Bodyshop that a bit, put a gasket around the bottom. That would work out. I had planned to take this one off when we purchased the tractor from a good neighbor a while ago, but it’s growing on me. She is loud though 4E894874-A6FB-45CD-B8C8-92881D5F7FF2.thumb.jpeg.5cdfeba658e82c360f2283b45215cc77.jpeg

• Like 1