More creative than "Ran when it was Parked"

jeeper61

How does it run?  Ads like this are a joke.  My favorite is when the Facebook ad says just testing the waters or I won't respond to is this available. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

How does it run?  Ads like this are a joke.  My favorite is when the Facebook ad says just testing the waters or I won't respond to is this available. 

I called a dealer about two tractors at one dealer today listed on tractorhouse..... they sold months ago......he claimed the add was updated 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bitty said:

I called a dealer about two tractors at one dealer today listed on tractorhouse..... they sold months ago......he claimed the add was updated 

Crazy.  I'm sure they have had other calls wasting their time and the perspective buyers time.  Realtors like to troll for business like that leaving their for sale sign up long after the place is under contract. 

Sorry if I seem more intense then normal.  Rough week or so.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

If its got a thrown rod with a hole in the block it really a runner?

The engine is likely scrap metal 

It was running when I heard the bang! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, hobbyfarm said:

I like it when you see something nice for an unreal low price on Facebook Marketplace, only one photo and the same thing listed in multiple towns. And they won't use a real name, something like" Fantasy Gardens" or some BS like that. 

4 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

That sounds like one of those deals where you are just leaving money on the table if you don’t buy it. Parts are available online, and cheap. Who cares about labor?

"It's just a "Small" hole that shouldn't be to hard to fix a little JB weld and good to go" 🤣

"Never mind the knocking it's a loose flywheel easy fix"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I like it when you see something nice for an unreal low price on Facebook Marketplace, only one photo and the same thing listed in multiple towns. And they won't use a real name, something like" Fantasy Gardens" or some BS like that. 

They also like to advertise local items, with palm trees in the background, pretty sure there are zero palm trees in Alaska

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

like it when you see something nice for an unreal low price on Facebook Marketplace,

HOw when you find something on there and message them a bunxh of times wanting it and they never answer. Then repost it a month later only to do the same thing.   Grrrrrrr

Trouble with this is I have seen tractors that someone put a new  rod/components back in and brazed the block shut and the tractor does run very well. Old days people were desperate sometimes....

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

Trouble with this is I have seen tractors that someone put a new  rod/components back in and brazed the block shut and the tractor does run very well. Old days people were desperate sometimes....

It's possible 

He is asking 3x scrap price there isn't any meat left to get your money back easily if it is all junk 

I've seen blocks repaired many times. It just depends on what was damaged. 

A neighbor had a 6 cyl diesel irrigation engine throw a rod and knock a hole in the block. It shutdown by the Murphy guages shortly later because the oil pressure dropped.

He removed the rod. Plugged the oil hole on the crank and stuffed a rag in the hole.  It ran the rest of the summer like that!

Thx-Ace 

On 11/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

That sounds like one of those deals where you are just leaving money on the table if you don’t buy it. Parts are available online, and cheap. Who cares about labor?

Yea, if it's a "cheap and easy fix" like they claim why don't they do it.My favorite is "started repair but lost interest, parts all there just needs put back together".

"Just " is the operative word.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Local grain and cotton farmer was returning from hauling beans in the 80s to the grainery with one of the three trucks they were running, a 1950 chevy… running flat out up a quarter mile 30% grade hill, engine made a racket and surged and had way more power.   Yep, that one rod that’d been had holding it back from seizing on the crank let go and went out the side.  

• Haha 2