The Sculpture Itself, Is To Be Set In Place in 2024

Art From Coleman

A long time coming. I was in college when the last American Great War veteran died. It was moving to read about. I remember where I was and what the weather was like when I was reading about it in the paper.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, Ihfan4life said:

Why now? It’s just going to be torn down or destroyed because it offends some snow flake somewhere…

You’re 100% correct. A piece of rope was found at the Presidential Center construction site in Chicago and they concluded that it was a noose and shut down the job. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KWRB said:

A long time coming.

The National WW1 Museum and Memorial was built in Kansas City in 1919. The 2 1/2 Million it took to build it was raised by Kansas City Citizens in only 10 days. It is well worth a trip> I like the fact that it was built for the Solders and and their Survivors right after the war. As we all know " Timing is the Essence of Life "

I'll let you Fellers decide which monument is the" official " National WW 1 Monument.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Binderoid said:

A piece of rope was found at the Presidential Center construction site in Chicago and they concluded that it was a noose and shut down the job. 

Are we sure that it was NOT a coiled up extension cord that was hung up on on a wall.

Oh, wait, I see a "noose" in this picture:

Saddle and Lariat Rope Detail Western Art Print by B.Bruckner