Rough Going.

Brady Boy

3 hours ago, snoshoe said:

I suppose you could call it that. Just a feed table in front. No power feed of any kind.

Yeah, they're called chuck and duck for a reason, real dangerous, incredibly fast feed with no safety bar and haven't been manufactured for decades but still around.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

• Like 1

Happened in 2005 in Colorado. I wasn't there. Did take off work to help son-in-law at his tire shop. So my wife and daughter could go out and help his wife. I didn't post to get condolences but thanks to everyone anyway. I get the joke. I just wanted to point out it does happen.

35 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Yeah, they're called chuck and duck for a reason, real dangerous, incredibly fast feed with no safety bar and haven't been manufactured for decades but still around.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

It was a vermeer. They were pretty common at the time.

1 hour ago, Rawleigh99 said:

On a side note I have heard that Honda is exiting the push mower market entirely.

I think they priced   themselves out of business. BUT the good engine design will be around as a made in China.

I have 2 ea real Honda motors a little 4 HP OHC  waterpump and a 360CC, 2 cylinder, water cooled,  4 KW, electric starting remote control RV genset. Either is a superb piece  of equipment.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

On a side note I have heard that Honda is exiting the push mower market entirely.

Too bad. I had one when I had a house with a small lot. It was a very well designed mower.

21 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Wow, I had not heard that. We have used the 300$ Honda push mowers for 20 years at work. The only thing that ever happened to them was the wheels getting splayed from knuckleheads yanking them off of gators by the handle and letting them hit the ground. One of these mowers could easily last a lifetime if reasonably taken care of. Maybe that's the real problem, like the riding mowers they used to make. Buy one, and never need another.

Yeah they are dusty.  The blower on mine is running a Hazard Frought Honda knock off.....runs like a champ.....starts right up after sitting for a year......can't complain for $120.

• Like 1