Rough Going.

Brady Boy

Looks like hard work Bill!!

Try one of these,  put a few classic IH tractor weights on the side, rotate the band and the exit pipe straight out the left and you got yourself one heck of a leaf blower.

image.png.fe51a6ba5a7f2e61ea3e2823e29834ed.png

If the above model is too small, upgrade to the 600.

Always thought it was a good idea, just never had enough leaves.

image.png

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Try one of these,  put a few classic IH tractor weights on the side, rotate the band and the exit pipe straight out the left and you got yourself one heck of a leaf blower.

image.png

Hmmm, now that's an idea 💡 

18 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

image.png

I heard of someone doing that with limited success. The story I heard was it worked good but they started with a blower that should have been scrap metal 

12 minutes ago, snoshoe said:

Having a senior moment. Can't remember where I saw it. Handle was hydro control. Automatically adjusted to the speed you walked.

Actually, mine has that feature, just rotate the handle. 

5 minutes ago, 1256pickett said:

I heard of someone doing that with limited success. The story I heard was it worked good but they started with a blower that should have been scrap metal 

I am sure if there is one that is still in good shape,  it's doing it's daily job as it should

• Like 1

Four years ago we had a bunch of leaves in the yard and we took the Cub and put leaves in the McCormick #10 manure spreader. I was surprised how good it spread the leaves in the pasture. 

True story. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IHC5488 said:

image.png

just last Sunday, I sold an Allis hopper blower to a neighbor for that very purpose. Told him I wanted to see it when it was done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Four years ago we had a bunch of leaves in the yard and we took the Cub and put leaves in the McCormick #10 manure spreader. I was surprised how good it spread the leaves in the pasture. 

True story. 

That's what I ended up doing this weekend. It worked well. 

20221104_162943.jpg

• Like 2

A 3 generation team (dad, myself, my son) spent about 4 hours yesterday at the place across for me.  So many leaves it was unbelievable.   Stihl leaf blower and 2 riding mowers.  12 man hours later it was under control.  Many more to come.  I have half a notion to cut down some of the trees that aren't in good shape anymore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SMDFarmboy24 said:

That's what I ended up doing this weekend. It worked well. 

20221104_162943.jpg

An A and a 100. Not much different from the Cub and the model 10. Pretty nice setup to use. 

• Like 2

I was right there with you guys. A few folks got the privilege of my commentary as i was doing my most disliked chore. 
7 gallons through the backpack blower this weekend.

FA23904E-190D-4CF2-8A98-0F62E31BEF8B.jpeg

A161A74D-A7DE-40A0-9463-61EDE741E967.jpeg

C1103F0C-FE7A-414F-BA94-61C198ED4008.jpeg

• Like 1

Here in the deep South with any of the Live/Pin oak varieties the leaves fall from now until about mid-March.  I end up cleaning up leaves at Thanksgiving, Christmas and then late March.  The wife wants the front, with it's 5 oak trees to be clean when the family shows up for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I have a 14 bushel bagging system I can mount on the mower.  I also have a cart I can pull behind the mower.  I have a powerflo for the 48" and 50" decks.

New_bagger_51.jpg

Bagger_cart_1.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Takn4aFool said:

doesnt the wind ever blow there....had 30+ mph wind today and it cleared the lawn of leaves pretty good today

Can’t speak for them, but wind just swirls here. Redeposits things all over the place.  

• Like 1

Scag Cougar mulches them and packs them into bin, bin dumped into loader, loaded into dump truck, well packed down and off to the transfer station where they compost them. The temps have been unseasonably warm and the grass is growing so lots mixed in that helps the compost process in my loads. One load I left in the truck overnight was warming up.

We've made three trips so far and that's a shipload of leaves. Wife was loading and leaf blowing. We've got a couple of acres on the road which is our required road frontage. Oak leaves blow from stand across the road and i just ran the bat wing finish mower repeatedly over them yesterday and ground them in. I use mulching blades on that mower, nine of them, I'm not sure if they actually work any better than high lift blades but it makes me feel like they might.

Probably one more cleanup before turkey day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

I have so many leaves that I have been threatening to try and bale them! 

In Bozeman Mt the city does bail them. If I remember right they use a Massey Ferguson round bailer. It was on the news.

• Like 1

Bale them wet with a vacuum into the bale chamber . ( tine pickup doesn’t work to well. ) 

Stack them closer  to the house run heat tubes to it to heat the house if you keep wet. Break them down into the spring for mulch 

• Like 2