66 series Ambac 100 inj. pump primer

1566Hog

I have a 1066 that got ran out of fuel.  When I went to prime the fuel system, the hand primer just leaked fuel everywhere. Every time I stroked the hand pump, diesel was spraying everywhere. It was to the point that I thought about stopping because it was making such a mess. 
So, what is worn out?  Is it the brass sealing washer/ring at the bottom of the primer, or is it o-rings somewhere?  Or does it call for a new primer?  
Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, 1566Hog said:

I have a 1066 that got ran out of fuel.  When I went to prime the fuel system, the hand primer just leaked fuel everywhere. Every time I stroked the hand pump, diesel was spraying everywhere. It was to the point that I thought about stopping because it was making such a mess. 
So, what is worn out?  Is it the brass sealing washer/ring at the bottom of the primer, or is it o-rings somewhere?  Or does it call for a new primer?  
Thanks. 

Those are easliy replaceable get a new one and screw it on

22 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Those are easliy replaceable get a new one and screw it on

I was just wondering what was worn out. If it was just an o-ring, I’d replace it and try it. Just was curious about what is actually causing it to leak. 

12 hours ago, 1566Hog said:

I was just wondering what was worn out. If it was just an o-ring, I’d replace it and try it. Just was curious about what is actually causing it to leak. 

A lot of times the plastic plunger is scored or damaged not worth screwing with replace the whole plunger body

Primer assm # 680391C91

Parts below are for replacing the quad ring in the plunger

sq. ring # 1802465C1

Copper ring # 681298C1

o-ring # 238-5113

I have been able to replace the seal and oring with good results. Might find the parts cheaper at pump shop.

9 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Plastic plunger? Can't say I've seen one made out of plastic. 

Your right My Bad I was thinking of the inline pump , good call

That plunger is steel unless there is someone making an aftermarket plastic one ? After you thread that plunger assembly  out of the transfer pump , then extend the plunger and put a shop towel around the plunger and clamp it in the vise . The top knob threads off the plunger and then slide the plunger out the bottom . Like the other guys are telling you just replace the square oring and the copper washer in the bottom of the transfer pump and your good to go 👍 Your local fuel shop will have those two parts you need too if you can’t get them from CNH 

Danny

4 hours ago, acem said:

My closest dealer is an hour and a half away anddon'tstock this stuff.

I get most of  my orings, etc from RGA about half as far away. RGA has an amazing amount of stuff.  Any good hydraulic shop should have these as well.

https://rgausa.com/

Any International Truck dealer will be able to get these, too.  

• Like 1