7140 cab Top

Steve Ruppert

1 hour ago, Steve Ruppert said:

I took the top 6 nuts off /  it seems it is attached at the back somehow / the front lifts up fine but the back will not come up / what next please

I am replacing the front cab lights with led

thx

steve ruppert

No need to remove cab top to replace lights. Maybe you knew that, just sayin

in order

1 hour ago, TB5288 said:

No need to remove cab top to replace lights. Maybe you knew that, just sayin

in order to unplug lights you have to lift up front of top high enough to get your hand in there   I just thought the back would lift up too but something is holding the entire back down by cab filter

I think it's 8 studs originally, the antenna wire, and ground wire at the antenna corner as well. Open the cab filter door and then you can reach in and unhook rear flashers and antenna and wire. But to just replace lights I would have been pretty confident if you slid it up off the studs you could prop in up and unhook and replace the lights without unhooking anything in the rear. 

The antenna/nut can be a real aggravation. 

Be a good practice to make sure the studs are in good shape/solid when reinstalled, as heavy as it seems when you pick it up Magnum roofs can become airborne somewhere around 55mph. Heck of a kite. 

15 hours ago, Steve Ruppert said:

in order

in order to unplug lights you have to lift up front of top high enough to get your hand in there   I just thought the back would lift up too but something is holding the entire back down by cab filter

I changed the lights like you. I lifted the front and put a block in and did what I had to do. I wasn't sure if the rear even moved, maybe it did.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, TB5288 said:

I changed the lights like you. I lifted the front and put a block in and did what I had to do. I wasn't sure if the rear even moved, maybe it did.

that is what I ended up doing / the back seems pretty set not to come up / anyway I got it to work

thx

• Like 1