Jump to content

Another slide down the hill


jeeper61
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Exactly

welcome to the party

 

But making pot legal or decriminalization doesn't seem to me to be one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just another example of the erosion of society moral values...and I have been on the business end of a doobie a time or 2 in my past 🤪

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nomorejohndeere said:

You have the right to vote how you wish

Do so informed as not to cause harm to others as you don't have an iron in this fire..........

I would say the same sir.  Many different forms of harm.

  But your right we may all vote as we wish and I hope as many as possible do so.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly governments have been on both sides of recreational drug use. The British fought two wars with China over their right in sell opium there.

Herion is a concentrated Opium. Fentanyl is concentrated synthetic Opium/Herion. Morphine, oxytocin, etc are all options. They are all the same when they get in your blood stream.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars&ved=2ahUKEwjJvNPP2Zn7AhVRmWoFHf7xDF8QmhN6BAgSEAI&usg=AOvVaw1XI1_EcEs_T02F1iu71HnD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Working in the concrete industry we have poured so many grow buildings and dispensaries it absolutely ridiculous. You walk into any store and wait in line long enough and someone is in line reading of it after they just smoked yo before coming into the grocery store  because maybe the stress of food shopping is to much. You see it being smoked all over with Cheech  and Chong  smoke rolling out the windows of cars. The town just west of us someone put up a big grow house 4-5 years ago in a field then last year they put up a new building for sales and are in the process of expanding the grow facility  by 3 times more the funniest part is the town doesn’t allow drive throughs for food service but the pot shop is allowed to have a drive through window as long as you don’t buy edibles. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem the British had with China and their dock workers was no worker production all being stoned on opium when it was time to load/unload their ships...thus the first rules on substance abuse, it's not a problem til it is a problem

Cooking up a batch of Puff Daddies bacon as we speak, have to credit a stoner with a great recipe for the munchies, no addition herb required 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Just another example of the erosion of society moral values...and I have been on the business end of a doobie a time or 2 in my past 🤪

Yes we just keep sliding down the hill to where everything goes and the "man" don't care because he's getting a cut.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://wina.com/news/064460-driver-in-deadly-trash-truck-versus-train-crash-found-not-guilty/

I'll never forget this from 2018. Driver of the truck was totally stoned when he tried to beat the train through the crossing. But they couldn't convict him because there was no standard of impairment for THC, and there still isn't.  I see and smell MJ everywhere around here. Some people in the stores smell so offensively strong of it, it's literally nauseating.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another opportunity for people to escape reality when really the alarm bells should be ringing 

Police up here have a roadside sobriety kit for weed but I seriously question its accuracy as they have a pupil dilation comparison chart probably right after they have shined their flashlight in your eyes, you could be on prescription medications but that's a whole other can

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  I don't know if I was told true but my understanding is failing a sobriety test for pot is not legitimate grounds for termination of employment.  Contrast that with coming to work with a high alcohol blood test leading to automatic termination.  Sounds like it would be very difficult to be rid of a serious user for an employer.  Productivity lost and liability depending on the job in question.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While the HR folks may seem to be woke liberals they have no tolerance for violation of the rules at my place 

They have terminated folks for smoking and vaping on the property.

We are Tabaco free as well so if a cloud is coming out of your car and they see it you are gone    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm for legalization but I want it done right. It should be regulated and taxed heavily.

The taxes should cover all the cost associated with the use of the particular drug. Cost of government oversight, (BATFe). Rehab for addicts. Medical problems related you it's use. Etc...

People are using it anyway. Now the money is going to criminals here and abroad. Our drug problems are destroying Mexico.

IMHO YMMV  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, acem said:

I'm for legalization but I want it done right. It should be regulated and taxed heavily.

The taxes should cover all the cost associated with the use of the particular drug. Cost of government oversight, (BATFe). Rehab for addicts. Medical problems related you it's use. Etc...

People are using it anyway. Now the money is going to criminals here and abroad. Our drug problems are destroying Mexico.

IMHO YMMV  

  The more the pot is taxed the more likely a black market is to thrive.  At least around here you don't have to go to the inner city to buy it.  As a matter of fact since this is a tractor site I will say that I have had a tractor parts seller (private) offer to sell it to me.  The criminals will still be around but are wising up in knowing that using hardened gang types will scare away potential customers.  Yes, people are using so the cops do not need to kick in every last door in hunting for possessors of it.  Unless there has been serious advancement on the rehab front I would be very skeptical of anything offered being long lasting.  Other countrys' problems are often rooted in failed cultural norms.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, in our rural communities in this area, crime has gone up since the decriminalisation… you can’t run into the variety store for a pack of smokes and leave your truck running in the cold, it will be stolen while you wait in line for all of two minutes. The druggies have figured out that we are easy targets outside of the city. 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

Well, in our rural communities in this area, crime has gone up since the decriminalisation… you can’t run into the variety store for a pack of smokes and leave your truck running in the cold, it will be stolen while you wait in line for all of two minutes. The druggies have figured out that we are easy targets outside of the city. 

I’ve seen things really go downhill here the last few years too. Not sure it’s anything to do with the legalization here though. It’s more the harder drugs like fentanyl and cocaine. Prince Albert used to be a somewhat clean town but these days you’re looking over your shoulder all the time now. One of my old school teachers got held up at gun point this summer. Guy came up looking for money  and he told him to go get a fn job. Pulled a gun on him after that. Every time we go into town there we see something you wouldn’t expect in a city of 30,000.  Homelessness is rampant and theft is through the roof.  Gangs have really moved in too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, poor farmer/logger said:

I’ve seen things really go downhill here the last few years too. Not sure it’s anything to do with the legalization here though. It’s more the harder drugs like fentanyl and cocaine. Prince Albert used to be a somewhat clean town but these days you’re looking over your shoulder all the time now. One of my old school teachers got held up at gun point this summer. Guy came up looking for money  and he told him to go get a fn job. Pulled a gun on him after that. Every time we go into town there we see something you wouldn’t expect in a city of 30,000.  Homelessness is rampant and theft is through the roof.  Gangs have really moved in too. 

  Hard drugs are exploding because society has defaulted to an "anything goes" setting.  Gonna get worse as more jobs are lost to automation and artificial intelligence.  More people are going to have more free time to fill in their lives and playing checkers does not cut it for them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With pot being normalized, even encouraged, it takes the pressure off of the hard drugs too. Our town is 2900 regular citizens, but just go to The city 20 minutes away, and they will provide drugs, needles, and a safe police free place to shoot up until you overdose, then they give you the government funded medications to bring you back to life…. Repeat, ad nauseum. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

While the HR folks may seem to be woke liberals they have no tolerance for violation of the rules at my place 

They have terminated folks for smoking and vaping on the property.

We are Tabaco free as well so if a cloud is coming out of your car and they see it you are gone    

  "Tobacco is for old farts who are too set in their ways and too stupid to try anything new" said any person under the age of 45.  "Also, pot is healthy as the day is long" said by the same people.  News to me as I have seen repeated studies showing pot has a higher tar content per volume versus tobacco.  Don't matter to me as I use neither.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Farmall Doctor said:

With pot being normalized, even encouraged, it takes the pressure off of the hard drugs too. Our town is 2900 regular citizens, but just go to The city 20 minutes away, and they will provide drugs, needles, and a safe police free place to shoot up until you overdose, then they give you the government funded medications to bring you back to life…. Repeat, ad nauseum. 

 

  I've read nothing showing hard drugs have declined in use in places where pot has been legal.  I would guess people have become tight lipped as to true consumption and pot talk has taken the search light off of some other drugs such as cocaine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...